What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Dang those are gorgeous dude :ok_hand: enjoy

2 Likes

Got a used pair of HD58x delivered today. Got em for a good price. These things are cherry on an IFI Zen DAC with XBass. Should be pretty good gaming cans as well.

5 Likes

those are some wild looking cookies. tell me how did they taste? :smiley:

3 Likes

I was having a bit of anxiety about picking up the Focal Clear Professional. Only reason I got the professional is simple. Red & black is sexy AF and I don’t like silver/chrome/white. Ordered on Monday, showed up today. No regrets. Used the hartaudiocables HC-9 which were on my Meze 99 Neo’s. The 99’s are now in their case in their box in the closet…

28 Likes

Clearly ; )

1 Like

that red cable is sexy af. I still absolutely adore mine. Even without having listened to an Arya, LCD-X or even more expensive stuff (Abyss etc.), it get the feeling, that the Clears might be one of the best headphones to ever come to earth. They deserve every bit of their praise. DMS and Josh Valour have both put them into S-tier. Not to take them as my only reference, but they’re sending out a message. And don’t forget Tyll’s raving review. THE legend. It all adds up. I think if you’re into the, let’s say, more intimate and “fine” sound they give, and their lively tonality, you simply don’t have any reason to look at anything else anymore - nothing else will give you exactly this experience or enhance it. It’s unique. The Clears are a “true” classic.

1 Like

i just can’t help myself these days …

8 Likes

This really could be the title of this thread :laughing:

15 Likes

i mean …

That’s just THE best 4K 65" OLED to ever come to market … apart from the lack of HDMI 2.1. Gaming? No. This TV is for movies. For gaming, i have my LG IPS 144Hz monitor and my BVMs, PVMs and several other CRTs.

14 Likes

Sony MDR EX-1000s

Used set so not a huge loss as thus far I am not a big fan… If anyone has advises on how to make mo betta would appreciate.

10 Likes

IC-3: 4-Pin XLR
Needed an extra XLR interconnect from Hart Audio.

ArcoLinux_2020-11-14_16-35-17

16 Likes

Sarda gang

(courtesy of @sa11297)

18 Likes

Lawton modded d5000 came in today

Also got Diana v2 on loan

32 Likes

Just traded Aeolus for cash and LCD2 with the Aluminum ring…thinking polish AL to a chrome shine and changing out the back grill with Carbon fiber weave would look pretty fucking sick …

23 Likes

Oh shit today is the day for DIY deals and silver and black are my jam!.. got a steal on these, so depending on how these sound - no idea -> few reviews and the company went belly up before they got much out the door…my thinking is if the sound isn’t up to snuff I could throw in a porta or K75 driver in there and had the most blinging Koss ever!!!

13 Likes

Would be the coolest Koss ever!! lol.

Just as a heads up you can get aluminum pretty reflective but it will be different from chrome. It will also need to be kept up with to remain reflective. There are powder costs thst mimic chrome pretty well.

You can even do a chrome base and a tint top coat, say black to give it a smokey look. Which imho would look great with any CF.

4 Likes

Would love to powder coat but thus far no luck finding small shops over here in Spain…to the point I bought all my old Surly bike frames Stateside ebay-> shipped to parents in Florida and then had powdered and brought them over as checked bags on consecutive trips.

Also would mean full disassemble of cups and drivers which may never come back together. I was just thinking of taping off and polishing the shit outta them. I know Aluminum isn’t chroma-able per se but close.

1 Like

I dont know how they come apart. I assumed you would pop the rings off and do it. Im in ny and have a very good powder coater.

If you do find a way to pop them off i can give you the name.

8 also have a machinist that makes gorgeous wood and metal parts for cars and i would say ask him if he can make pieces. I may be interested in titaniun rings for my lcd-x in his sweet purple.

But once again, thats if you can get them off.

1 Like

:money_with_wings:

37 Likes