What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Sir I’m going to need you to stop. It is illegal to flaunt this much beautiful gear. I’m going to have to confiscate those, so if you kindly send me your address, I’ll be there promptly.

7 Likes

He keeps doing this. You should see the DMs he sends me. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Ohhhh 'da BLUE looks sooo good! :+1:

1 Like

you know its bad when ppl slide into your dm’s more often on hfg than instagram

6 Likes

“See local sexy, blue Fostex in your area. Join the Hifiguides forums NOW for more.”

6 Likes

You see the ad listing, you go AWOOOGA, get in the car, pull up, and you see this. What do you do?

15 Likes

6 Likes

Today was all about aesthetics

21 Likes

@M0N audeze LCD-X… Yeah. That happened.

6 Likes

Looks like quite a day!

Wood wood baby :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

14 Likes

So this is a follow up to my earlier purchase ^^

Turned that piece of junk into something nice. Now I need to pad roll. :slightly_smiling_face:

26 Likes

This is great. :grin: :ok_hand:

Working on getting my printer up to do just that. What’s the finish…filler and paint?

Honestly this is more of a first draft prototype. Might print new cups later on.

But it was printed in PETG at 20% infill.
Spray painted with Rustoleum Primer + White paint + White enamel.

1 Like

Is that the Mad Dog/Open Alpha or some other design?

I see you (probably) reused the paint from your Crack build (beautiful as well).

Quite the perceptive one :face_with_monocle:. Yes, that’s same white paint that I used on my Bottlehead Crack:

This is the Open Alpha design with a slight change to accept dual 3.5mm instead of the dual Hirose connectors (I’m not buying another cable if I don’t need to).

Details here: "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

3.5mm version: Open Alpha Headphones Bass Adjustable Ear Cups Stronger Screw Holes by slakoth453 - Thingiverse

5 Likes

@Falenkor posted this Modius sale on eBay over a month ago. I have been wanting to try this dac and thought it was a good price. It spent a month in shipping purgatory, but it’s finally here:

21 Likes

Not quite today, but after my CoolerMaster MH752’s had its right earcup come loose; I went on the hunt for a new gaming headset. I ended up grabbing some DT 770s (250 Ohm) and a ModMic Uni per Falenkor’s suggestion [after steering me away from EPOS’s and Steelseries’s offerings]. I am surprisingly happy with it. It doesn’t isolate quite as much as I hoped, but I think that’s down to the background noise being so high (aka Netflix) over the isolation itself. It has velour pads though so I am hoping some Dekoni Choice Leathers will help in that regard. Soundstage is great for a closed back and it’s a fun headphone for any kind of hip hop and electronic/dance with the bass. Imaging is great and a bit of EQ just to lower the bass during competitive gaming helps decrease any distracting bass from the footsteps. Beyer build quality is also a big plus as it is much better than any gaming headset imo.

Also grabbed a pair of Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskins for my DT 1990 Pros when Zeos dropped his Beyerdynamic Pad video. I love the increased soundstage and increased smoothness compared to the analytical pads. There is a tad more bass. All in all, it sounds kind of inbetween the stock Balanced and Analytical pads, which is the perfect balance in my opinion. Comfort is much better as well. I am very tempted to grab a pair of Choice Suedes as well, but I will stick to the fenestrated for now.

It’s too bad Sennheisers don’t do well with aftermarket pads otherwise I might hunt for some replacements for my HD 58x too. :smiley:

8 Likes