What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Maybe if Zeos stopped ordering so much shit, the delivery companies could keep up. :rofl:

Watching his unboxing channel once in a while is alarming. haha

6 Likes

I just now caught on that you got “both”
You sir are a Baller!
:money_with_wings: :money_with_wings:

Congratz!

2 Likes

I’m wondering if these are like the R41PMs I got here: Great in a room, but too much “mid-bass” and no “kick” or “sub bass” whatsoever when nearfield.

1 Like

I am currently wearing the LCD-2 Classic’s and Loving them! :grin:

Can’t wait for the Cascades. Even paid a few bucks extra for air. Hopefully have them by New Year’s Eve.

4 Likes

How do you like the R41PM’s?

I plan on taking the R41M’s and powering them with the Emotiva BasX A-100. I just have to figure out which of my DAC’s I want to use with it.

These are only going to be desktop PC speakers for those times when I don’t want to wear headphones.

1 Like

Both these were ordered weeks ago and of course arrived while I was away visiting family at Christmas time. Came back to:

A pair of Siemens-made-Tesla-branded 6922/E88CC NOS gold pin tubes for MLP and

Topping BC3 bluetooth receiver. Gonna try LDAC and optical out for a bedside and/or “portable” stack.

15 Likes

The R41PMs were strange because they were DSP-corrected, and I don’t know how much DSP correction is applied to the speaker, even when their “bass boost” is off. Yeah… there’s a weird, weird “volume-controlled” sub-bass boost, so at very low volume it sounds like 10% music 90% subwoofer and for me they did not sound “okay” until they hurt my ears (nearfield). Still, the mids were great and the treble was not a problem even for my treble-sensitive ears. I feel like your R41Ms will be better. Me? I’ll gift/trade these R41PMs to a friend and buy R51Ms soon, probably. :grin:

(I guess I could plug the right, passive speaker – which is probably just one R41M – into my speaker amp to hear if it’s different, but I don’t have it here right now).

1 Like

Tia trio arrived today

16 Likes

Bought Saturday, but received today: Monitor stand

12 Likes

Well, this is cheating, as i didn’t buy these Dali speakers now, but several years ago. The thing is, i lend them to a mate when i got a pair of Klipsch RB-81 II some years ago and i didn’t use them regularly so my mate had them on a long-term loan :slight_smile: However, i ordered a Denon pma-600ne on Black friday, although my order fell out of stock, but its now on its way, so my mate returned the Dali Zensor 1 speakers.

So, while waiting the Denon to arrive, i set up the Dali Zensor 1’s on my gaming computer, replacing the Klipsches… The Zensor 1’s are better nearfield, but lack a bit of the horn detail in the treble… but listening to some old Neil Young right now, they really do sound pretty great… They have a nice warmth and since i have a sub on this setup anyway, the lack of bass compared to the bigger Klipsches doesn’t really matter that much. Think i will have to find something to raise them up just a little bit, as the they sit below my ear level when just sitting on the desk…

they are so small compared to my Klipsches though :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Only a small part, but great in sound :exclamation:

5 Likes

Impulse purchase:

I thought the last of these dried up a year ago, so I was surprised to see this show up in A&K clearance. It’s a recorder kit for the (now quite old) 300 series. I still have an AK380; this might just be gimmicky compared to a non-DAP based recording solution, but it does offer some interesting features, like the ability to record to DSD and the stereo mic apparatus. Could be fun to mess with.

9 Likes

Been using Elears for most of this year and decided now was the time to upgrade:

Was worried it would be a small or imperceptible upgrade, but first impressions are that they definitely live up to their name.

24 Likes

jealous…so jealous…

Do a comparison! Ive been considering the elears or elegias for a bit but everyone had fairly poor opinions of them on release, so im curious what the take is now that clears are like 5x the price and not 1.5x

These arrived today. They’re small; smaller than I expected. But that’s perfect as space is limited for where I needed to put them.

I’ve had them hooked up to the Emotiva BasX A-100 for about an hour now. I’m running through various songs and genres to get an idea of how they sound. So far they sound great!

The low end, while not great as one should expect, seems to perform better than I anticipated. I also think these sound better already than the Sony SSCS5 speakers I have which are a little bigger and cost a whopping $12 more.

3 Likes

The twins finally together…

10 Likes

3 and 4? Thoughts on the two?

This was directly from Linsoul/Thieaudio on Discord… The Legacy 4 is a direct upgrade to the Legacy 3. I agree. They took their learnings from the Monarch & Clairvoyance and applied their tuning to a 1 DD/3 BA configuration and significantly improved the DD. The L4 ends up having much more treble extension and better bass texture and control than the Legacy 3. The L4 is not nearly as warm as the Legacy 3 either, for good or bad.

11 Likes

Got some new cables today. These will be paired with my incoming DAC. Stay tuned…

15 Likes