What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Those chambers are gorgeous!

4 Likes

Yes i love it,plan is for 2021 on top :blush:.

1 Like

Indeed it is, not Glorious Model O- or D- levels of comfort but it is close enough that you can get something like this for just $30. A good deal if you ask me.

1 Like

I ordered these this morning. I was debating on Lawton cups, but want to try these (CFA Cascades) first.

22 Likes

Honestly, the cascades seem real cool. Not realy tempted retail, but at $500 used they are tempting. Not trying to buy any more headphones right now though…

I know they are pricey. And, they are hard to get and never go on sale.

But I have been wanting these and the LCD-2 Classic’s for well over a year and so I decided to finish off 2020 getting both.

I got a bit of a discount as a good customer. This is the fifth set of headphones I have bought from this dealer.

I am trying to be the master of mid-fi. :laughing:

7 Likes

Managed to pick up a used set with all three pad types, and a beautiful forza cable terminated in 4.4 for 600+euros. First few listens with the big leathers the base blew me out in a bad way (for acoustic and softer stuff-> hip-hop and EDM was great) switched the pads to cloth (filter 4T whole time) and these leveled up like 10x, wonderful detail…base still slams just not over running the treb and mids. Great detail. Solid imaging for closed set. Couldn’t be happier. Worried I had blew 600 euros for a second. I’d happily pay retail for the quality I’m getting.

3 Likes

I might look at the cloth pads down the road.

Klipsch R-41M

ArcoLinux_2020-12-26_13-41-49

16 Likes

A couple more cables by Hart Audio arrived today.

20 Likes

They look great!

I’m still waiting on my boutique order from Hart to arrive. They shipped on the 16th and have been in USPS hell ever since.

3 Likes

Make sure to post a comparispn once you have some time with them! I’m real currious how they compair to the LCD-2Cs (and x00s too tbh) being largely more dark and fun headphones

3 Likes

Ive still had good luck with usps but anything that goes through their philly facility seems to legitimatley skip through a few time and space dimensions.

4 Likes

These actually shipped out on the 3’rd of December - they spent several weeks visiting and touring the Dallas distribution center and then made their way to St. Louis, where they spent another week or so checking out the sights there. Those cats at the USPS have been hammered hard. High volumes and short staffed - Stupid Pandemic…

4 Likes

I rank USPS service 2 out of 5 stars overall. For me it doesn’t matter where stuff is coming from for it to be late.

My Hart Audio order has been in Detroit since two days before Christmas and that’s only 60 miles from me.

1 Like

I know the holiday’s are always tough for them; lack of funding is a big problem too, so I refrain from complaining too much about it. But I have issues even in the best of times.

3 Likes

I deal with USPS litteraly daily for work and tbh, I have never had any kid of issue with them. Never a late shipment nor a particularly kicked around box. Most of our issues are with UPS

4 Likes

Oh , I am not innocent - if you happen to catch some of my other posts or comments in some thread - it’s not hard to see that I’ve been a whiny B!@&!^&% … I mean I know, and I feel bad for them but it is hard when it is your “stuff” that’s caught up in the back-log.

2 Likes

Ups here is abysmal. I never had a delivery come before 6pm and usually its marked delivered and doesnt show up for a few days.

Oddly enough my mailman just came and we are friendly with him. He said expect 2+ week delays. He said they have been slammed with all the extra deliveries, plus manpower shortages, plus still recovering from the cuts and regulations the current administration put in to try to kill mail im voting.

Its real rough for everyone and i have a package at the UPS facility the next town over and it says expect it wednesday…

5 Likes

I have a cable set that arrived in St. Louis, MO every day from Dec. 12th to December 23rd. On Christmas Eve, it arrived in Chicago.
Left Texas Dec. 8th and still has not reached the border (heading to Canada). Of course it is Christmas time and they were defunded so, it is what it is. :grin:

2 Likes