What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Thanks for the write-up! Super helpful for someone like me who is interested in these in the future.

1 Like

Thatā€™s straight from the manufacturer.

Wow. extra charactersā€¦

Burson soloist and clairvoyance ciem

29 Likes

Some tubes from 60ā€™s! Might be done tube hunting for now. Sylvania 6080 gold brand

Donā€™t need more tubes that sound more solid state and neutral so I think Iā€™m done hunting on ebay.

When these borders openā€¦ Off to Japan to hunt tubes and visit a good buddy.

20 Likes

I want bothā€¦
I got 2 teenage boys; they are fairly housetrained, only comes out at night and can be trained for domestic work.
Iā€™m ready for a trade :+1:

6 Likes

Lol never got such offer before :smiley: let me think about it

4 Likes

Soooā€¦ Job Corps finally let me have my clothing allowance (supposed to be for work/interview clothes), so I had a bit of fun with it.

Donā€™t ask me why the preview is showing two pairs of pants, rather then the pants and the jacket.

6 Likes

After auditioning some Focal Celestee today I couldnā€™t leave without themā€¦

27 Likes

$180 JBL Sub

https://www.jbl.com/sale/SUB+550P.html?dwvar_SUB%20550P_color=Black-USA-Current&cgid=sale#start=1

6 Likes

Somedays I have to get creative and dig deep into internet stupidity to come up w/ something else to purchaseā€¦perfect example, RCA capsā€¦

17 Likes

Of course you didā€¦LOL!!

2 Likes

It may sound strange, but i prefer sound of allo + linear power supply much more than m400, m400 sound flat, actually i sold it already, only after 4 days of use, and iā€™m so glad that it was sold.

Got some new fans for my case, and no this is not RGB, only fans with a single lighting.

14 Likes

Some more tubes. Feeling like I need to pay proper respect to all these tubes. I believe they are older than I am after all.

18 Likes

Those arenā€™t just any $1.50 a cap RCA caps, those are Cardas, and they block 99.99% of all stray negative ions that muddy your high end.

7 Likes

what type of Tubes are it?

Itā€™s a nos GE 6as7g. Iā€™ve read Itā€™s suppose to sound similar if not the same to the RCA 6as7g. Liking it so far.

1 Like

Year for sure. Have fun with it. :smile: I have buy the Rca for replacement for the 6080 Mullards when burn it down someday.I find the Mullards a bit better as the Rca,more Magic :drooling_face:

1 Like

welcome to the gang! I think our numbers are getting large enough to compete with the nighthawk gang! :slightly_smiling_face: