What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I was super confused until I realized you were talking about my T60 Argon lol

Yeah has it for 2 months now and they are so good. I prefer Dan Clark Alpha pads on them. The ZMF pads just sound flat on them now. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Decided to give the fh3s a bit more of a chance with a nicer cable.

10 Likes

My pile of Schiit just keeps getting higher :joy:

25 Likes

Pure BLING, kinda like “grills”, but for my amps :star_struck:

2 Likes

I would love to hear a mullard 6080 some day but they are so expensive in the states…

1 Like

Year is a Luck thing.
I have found a new pair from 1950, self charge of Production for really fine price under 200€.

1 Like

Joining the schitty crowd.

20 Likes

You have to stack that Schiit high! Congrats.

ima have to try the alpha pads. your not the first to say that.

You bought all three of them for less than €1000? What the hell man, congrats. That’s some insane value as the Elegia alone are €1000 here in Sweden.

1 Like

Focal sure does things with a certain visual flair. That combination of colours is just outstanding in my eyes. Do want. I fear I will have to make a trip to the local retailer to give them a demo when they arrive later in March.

Maybe they’ll let me borrow and review them like they did the Elegia :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks, my pile isn’t too schitty yet. You’ve got a big ol pile of schiit!

7 Likes

Is that the new Clear? Bifrost 2 next!

2 Likes

Elac B5s. They’re now sold as Elac Debut Primas or “DBP5s”… and still on sale for 200$CAD on amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Debut-Prima-DBP5B-denceintes-détagère/dp/B084T6HD7G/ref=pd_lpo_23_t_0/145-0776982-5008904?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B084T6HD7G&pd_rd_r=b7c52b6c-8106-4e72-8469-848acc4640d3&pd_rd_w=kqltt&pd_rd_wg=GQbJ2&pf_rd_p=76d05b53-3ce3-4aa0-b17a-d40d7056440a&pf_rd_r=60WQATC7ZNWDXW5MJM6S&psc=1&refRID=60WQATC7ZNWDXW5MJM6S

First impression is, they’re the exact polar opposites of my Fluance SX6s. SX6s are “airy”, can be “shouty” if placed incorrectly. With these, I’m like… where’s the treble? They’re really smooth. A/B-ing these with a switch is incredible… Elacs sound like a woofer and a subwoofer only (…and yes, you don’t need a subwoofer with these IMO, which is quite impressive), SX6s basically just sound like a tweeter. :woozy_face: :exclamation:

Oh, also bought Stageek stands. Solid piece of metal!

9 Likes

yep, the Clear MG. I was literally looking at it when you replied. lol

1 Like

How do you like them? I love my Elex.

1 Like

I’ve never sold a headphone before, yet I sold my Elex, Elegia and Aiva when I heard the new Clear. It’s ok. :wink:

2 Likes

I got a pair of these for my Klipsch on the office desk, very pleased and really did a good job at putting the speakers more at ear level. Almost did as much difference as swapping out the speakers themselves lol.

What are you powering these with by the way?

PM/DM (what ever, I never know the right term) me on your thoughts. If it’s a big improvement on the Elex, I’d be interested. $1500 is a big pill.

Get them used for sub 1k or even just open box for like 120p

1 Like