What did you buy today? (Part 1)

probably not…but ask @M0N about his poop audio booster!

2 Likes

Def curious your thoughts, I’ve been debating this or the Kennerton for some time

1 Like

Hahahahaha…those are cute… :thinking:

2 Likes

Oh buddy I finally got myself a pair of JBL Studio 530s for $279 new!

13 Likes

Excuse you?!?! Is this a Schiit joke?

@M0N care to comment?

I can dig the pageantry, nice braided cable with gold banana plug accents. Pushup bra for cables. Got one , sculpted anime speaker stands. All on top of a riser, think dedicated home theater layout in reverse.

Youre welcome.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t know what I should be commenting on

1 Like

@Marzipan claim of your “poop audio booster”

I’m fully aware that this is probably just a joke I don’t get, but I’m far too curious at this point.

I mean I’m not too sure either lol, a google search for “poop audio booster” doesn’t really yield any favorable results either lol

5 Likes

Congratulations! Looks great. I understand this is a different kind of DAC. Need to read up on it to understand more.

I’m pretty stoked, my SMSL SU-8 DAC arrived today. Now the stack is complete. The SU-8 is feeding the DA-8S amp. I only have a few hours with them so far, but wow. I know, not near the level of stuff some of y’all are rockin, but for a desktop this little stack is pretty awesome! Can’t wait to get some play time with the DAC and learn what it can really do.

5 Likes

I see people talking about 1K+ dacs and 1K+ headphones all day and I’m here with a 100$ dac (SMSL Sanskrit 10th), 100$ amp (JDS Atom) and 100$ headphones (Fostex T50RPs, did my own mods) and… I’m good.

Of course, there’s always curiosity. But if you don’t feel like you need more? :man_shrugging:
If you enjoy what you have, it’s all that counts: :headphones: :grin:

9 Likes

Apple Earpods I found on the sidewalk and Samsung S9 here. Woop!

:rofl:

Yeah, it’s all down to enjoyment, not dick waving. :+1:

Got custom UM Mest on a godlike Amp/DAC combo, awesome.

Got Blon 03s on your old Sansa Clip+, awesome.

(for real tho, Earpods are pretty sweet for something comfy to throw on. My ears have been hurting lately and they’re about the only things I can stand for more than 30mins)

3 Likes

I also love my KZ AS06s on my old phone. The 10$ Sony MH750’s (more bass) or MH755’s (less bass) are excellent. Like… as inexpensive as they are impressive.

1 Like

haha :smiley: you can spend tens of thousands on cables if you would like :smiley:

I just thought my new Kef LS50 Meta`s deserve something better than 25 dollar aliexpress speaker cables :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve got MH755s coming in… whenever~

Whenever they do come in, I’ll check for authenticity and then get to MMCX modding.

From your comment, just ordered MH750s, and whenever~ they’d come in too.

2 Likes

After absolutely spamming the forum for a couple of days (sorry 'bout that) I have decided on the ThieAudio Legacy 4. Just ordered it from Linsoul with the AZLA Xelestac tips (MS+MM+ML) and I threw in a pair of Blon BL-03’s because they were on sale and because I have a problem :upside_down_face: .

5 Likes

I love my Fiio M11, but it needed an upgrade sound-wise, so after some searching, I ended up with the Cayin N6ii with the E02 Dac/Amp module. The E02 bc it has the sound I like out of of the 4 modules available and it has a 4.4 pentacon plug.
I like the 4.4 a lot over the 2.5, so I ordered it 2 days ago from Cayin (only store who sell it with just the module you want) and was expecting it in 1-2 weeks. (Hong Kong to Denmark).

But yesterday I got a text from DHL and early this morning this bad boy arrived:

It is amazing, the sound is close to my desk set-up and a clear upgrade over the M11.
:yum: :heart_eyes: :smiley:

18 Likes

Nice! I really enjoyed that combo of N6ii with E02 prior to upgrading to the P6 Pro. Enjoy!

1 Like

I’ve been saving my pizza protectors

12 Likes