What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Borrowing some nice stuff now that I’ve sold my BF2 to put the funds towards a P6 Pro :sweat_smile:

17 Likes

Now need to find it some tubes

21 Likes

I hope you realize you made me look up P6 pro and now I want it eventhough a BTR5 is outside my budget xD

2 Likes

Look at the thread for it and you’ll want it more, I know I did :joy:

If anyone’s interested I did a big comparison post comparing the 6xx to the Sundara over on Headphones.com: Sennheiser HD 6xx vs. Hifiman Sundara SHOWDOWN REVIEW - General Headphone Discussion - The HEADPHONE Community

6 Likes

Should copy and paste it here

2 Likes

Nobody minds if I put the same post on two forums?

Does it make more sense to put it in the HD650 thread or the Sundara or make a new thread since I’m comparing the two like I did on the other forum?

1 Like

Just figured since it’s was your newest edition (HD650), you’d add it to the HD 650 thread, but feel free to do as you please. I don’t think it’s terrible to have it in both places. But I’m not a mod :grin:

1 Like

A matched quad of Mullard tubes. Only an hour in, and just WOW! Can’t wait until they are burnt in.

11 Likes

They’re pretty good at powering DACs and amps when they’re not doing bench duty.

1 Like

I bought an LG Velvet 5G via financing on Fido. $4/m, so $96 total paid over the next 24 months, which is a good deal / price for what it is. be a heck of an upgrade from the Galaxy A5 (2017) I’ve been using for the last year n a half, LoL!

4 Likes

My durock stabs came in Allowing me to finish this build off. Forgot to take a picture of the stabs cause I couldn’t wait to build

13 Likes

How do you find the ares II compared to the bf2?

With my very limited time with it so far, I might prefer it since it makes the monotor pair better with my Graces which I love and the Monotor is my favourite amp so far and the only headphone/iems that I didnt like on it as much was the Grace and HeK. Now its only the HeK I don’t like on there which makes sense since it doesn’t power planars all that well

I need to spend more time with it to confirm whether I like it more for sure and what I like it more for

1 Like

Finally got a chance to set them up.

27 Likes

That looks super sweeeeeeet

1 Like

I bought an Emotiva BasX A-100 amplifier. I have been thinking about getting an upgrade to my SMSL SA300 and particularly to find a class A or A/B speaker amp. I noticed that the A-100 seems to be on the verge of being discontinued and that helped me decide - especially as I wasn’t happy with how my Fostex have been on my other amps - they were sounding a bit thin.

It’s being fed not by the JNOG in the photo but currently by a Topping D10s via an Art SCC studio controller that does duty for mixing and volume balancing.

It’s powering a pair of Spektor Dali 1 on my desk and gives them a lovely clean full sound without being excessively loud. As it got late I started listening with headphones. I found that my modded Fostex T50RP gain a subtle improvement in both bass and treble, not more detail but more resolution? If that makes sense. Very nice. Then I tried my Hifiman HE400i (2020) and I’m still listening to them. The amp gives their low end a lovely lushness, just the faintest buzz of resonating warmth on top of deep notes. Really really nice pairing for me. I have not decided if I want or need to do the jumper mod as the A-100 is already delivering what I hoped for.

16 Likes

TIME TO CATCH UP TO MY RECENT PURCHASES!

Recieved the focal clear just a few days ago, been loving it. Super solid so far but have been saving my impressions for… The RNHP I just bought yesterday from a nice dude on reddit. Should be really fun! I also got an ifi iematch for my ultra sensetive Andros, my new Samsung galaxy s7 plus Tablet (I’ve always used a tablet since I was like 10 and preferred them to phones, laptops etc) . And last but not least these ear plus that arrived with my ifi iematch, I absolutely love them since more than listening to music I like silencing everything and everyone around me. I must really take the time to say that I’m thankful for all the great experiences and items I’ve had the pleasure of sharing this world with so far since they all help me live a gratuitous life :blush:

27 Likes

Me 2019:
Argons are really fun headphones, but I want to try some other interesting pieces now.

Also me (this month):
“I wonder how they (Argons) sound like with tubes- I’m stateside so I’m sure I can find a deal and take em back”

Also get to see what 6xx is all about.

3 days later…….oh look ZMF Classics……that would be intresting to compare to Argons and Stock T50 mkii……

14 Likes

Just bought ath r70x off ebay in good price :ok_hand:

5 Likes