What did you buy today? (Part 2)

ZMF Pendant SE just came in today. The walnut burl panels are standard now and not an extra.

38 Likes

awesome stuff! I think you’ve found a way to display it all rather tastefully

you probably haven’t had the time yet but,
what do you feel like plays good on it from best to worst? i ask because ive got the Arya, Clear, Aeon Noire and im getting the 8xx (800s) and ive been looking at tubes and debating with myself if its something i want to spend on and get into.

1 Like

I’ll absolutely let you know when I’ve given it some time :+1:

1 Like

Looking forward to it, thanks!

Excite!

1 Like

So basically i bought my Noire a new house
The old headband were barely wider than the width of the steelband above it. I was a bit surprised to discover that the original band created a bit of a hotspot on top of my head despite its weight of around 350g, but i don’t see a lot of people having that problem with these.

The Arya never gave me a hotspot though which follow the same general headband design

ZMF Protein Headband BTW

6 Likes

One of these pics belong in our Show me your backside

4 Likes

That walnut looks scrumptious!

Picked up everything on Saturday and cleared a spot to set it up yesterday. By no means am I going to say this is endgame or anything of the sort, but for what I paid I can’t complain. Everything works as it should, and sounds better than I expected it to. I end up passing on a lot of vintage gear I have my eyes on because the condition is usually worse than I’m willing to deal with, so to get everything in good condition like this is a plus. It’s a setup I don’t expect to use much, in a room I don’t often use, but it’s there if I need it for the cost of an HD6XX.

As an aside, I graduated high school in 1992. At the time, Onkyo was putting out decent low-mid tier stuff that was out of my price range. We had a friend in high school with almost the exact same setup as what I picked up. Whenever we had a new CD we wanted to listen to, he’d always ask “want to listen at my house?”. I’d get a little jealous, but I had to admit it sounded way better than anything I could play it on and it may have planted the seed for this hobby for me. So this in part let’s me one up my high school buddy Jack. I may leave it as a purely analog setup and limit it to playing music from 88-92 to maintain that nostalgia factor. If I end up using it, I may take you up on that offer @Nick_Mimi

4 Likes

It actually looks better in real life than I thought it would. So many tiny details. It looks almost like liquid.

Man that burl looks sick :heart_eyes: :+1:

Picked up a used pair of 250Ohm BeyerDynamic DT 770 Pro’s for cheap:

The sliders are busted up so I also ordered a replacement for those for $30. For $100, I think it’s a steal. Never tried beyer’s stuff so I’m excited to give them a try.

8 Likes

Some Schiit idk

Yeah it’s the Bifrost 2 :us:

24 Likes

Check this beast out, Audeze Deckard; it’s gigantic.

31 Likes

This showed up today:

Thanks @LittleJoe for a smooth transaction!

23 Likes

Thank you, and you are most welcome.

2 Likes

Bought his and hers gravity chairs to take out reading at our private ( for now ) lake spot. Etymotics and Legacy 3’s in toe

16 Likes

Fantastic! What are you driving yours with?

sagra → formula s + powerman

3 Likes

I have OG Pendant, and both Arya and 800s play nicely on it. I especially like Arya (and Susvara) on it.

I am not too fond of Focals on Pendant, but mainly because I like the bright treble on Focals and tubes do a little too much to trim that. Not a big deal.

Pendant actually does really well with most stuff–it’s pretty versatile.

3 Likes

So MEST MkII customs are officially ordered. Estimated build time is 2-3 weeks.

Meanwhile, when I got my impressions for those, I got a second set done for custom earplugs. These have replaceable filters to adjust the attenuation (I got 25dB installed and a set of 15dB to swap in). The filters working 64 Audio TIA drivers, kinda–at least they’re little barrels that you can change out. They’re designed to attenuate frequencies evenly so music still sounds musical. If concerts ever happen again, I suppose I’m set. :wink:

10 Likes