What did you buy today? (Part 2)

dipping my tippy toes into the R2-R world. hoping and praying this doesn’t mind break me enough to compulsively buy a Schiit Bifrost for my desktop stack.

6 Likes

I ordered Aeon 2 Noire and today I received a package with Aeon 2. Now I’ll have to return them and wait again -.-

1 Like

Pulled the trigger today, but it’s gonna be 2 months until I see it…

14 Likes

That’s a heluva monitor - Color me jealous!

I am waiting for a good fast ultrawide with 2160 vertical pixels. Once there’s a few good competing units, that will be my cue to upgrade the whole PC. Until then, I’m still happy with the 2017 rig I’m rocking. This stuff is too expensive to update every year man!

I bet the wait is killin’ ya though. 2 months… Yikes.

2 Likes

Nice choice, loving my aw2721d

1 Like

What are your first impressions on the Dorado? Maybe it’s best to post them on their dedicated post. But the only thing have always catched my attention

minor update about this. I recently saw Currawong’s review about the Cayin RU6 after making this purchase. I learned that for iOS users, Cayin makes a specific USB-C to Lightning OTG cable.

Apparently, there is no internal battery for the RU6, and so the unit will draw power directly from the source. I guess there is a chip or something for the RU6-specific cable that allows for the cable to work for iOS, because Currawong states that it won’t work with any other USB-C to Lightning OTG cable.

In other words, I canceled this order, and started from scratch. I since have bought the RU6 + the Lightning Cable.

(if anybody is curious, I bought it from Musicteck. amazing customer service btw).

Do I need these? Probably not. However, the FR looks pretty close to my preference. They’re obviously quite cheap. My only real concerns are about the fit, but I have a silly amount of tips to hopefully address any issues.

Was actually about to pull the trigger on the Dunu Titan S, but the FR on these looks better (to me), and they’re half the price.

1 Like

YANYIN CANON with express shipping (+$1, pretty neat!)

Let’s see if I can pledge for this to be my last IEM purchase. (I may jump between Bluetooth receivers/basic DAPs while waiting for a Qudelix 5k to come available cheaply enough)

I’m not saying this will be the last IEM purchase because these are guaranteed to be my ear saviors - but just because what I am already comparing is so good to me, that I’ll either settle with something I have or these. Either way I can try to take a break after this.

I haven’t even tried the Hekili, it came with two 4.4mm cables and my only 3.5mm MMCX is at work… so until Monday I can more closely compare the Aladdin and Serial. My opinion so far - both equals, different strengths. My listening habits lean into the Serial atm.

@ttorbic … I done did it!

EDIT: Last IEM purchase barring acts of God - if an EJ07 can be bought for $300, or an SA6 traded for a packet of gum, don’t think I wouldn’t jump and give them a spin!

3 Likes

Marmite upping my Marmite game :muscle::+1:

3 Likes

KGSSHV for my soon to be purchased Stax L700.
My end game right there .

9 Likes

They are currently in the process of running fiber out my way, so in preparation for the move from DSL to Gigabit fiber I went ahead and ordered new networking gear from Ubiquiti.

5 Likes

What year is that Realistic EQ? I had one in the mid '80s, lol. :heart:

1 Like

LOL! This one definitely goes back that far. It has been a part of both my Brothers’ systems as well as my Dad’s system over the years. Then I was using it with the family Marantz receiver until that receiver finally stopped working a little over a year ago, which sparked my re-entry into HiFi gear and music in general. Somehow I could not let this EQ go and vowed it would see action again someday. And here we are! Still works great, too.

At about 35-37 years, it is easily the oldest piece of gear I own.

1 Like

@Raptor168 Still have my Klipsch KG4 walnut speakers…1986!!
Bought new and yes, I’m that old, lol.

3 Likes

I hear you. Me, too. Just turned 61 here, which is kinda strange for me to even type! But it is what it is. Those KG4’s look nice. I have some Mitsubishi MS-10 speakers as part of this system that is at least that old. And yes, they still sound good. Unbelievable, really! Apart from the M200 DAC and the new Toslink switcher, this is truly a “Vintage” system.

With respect to the EQ… I think there is something of an emotional attachment to this particular piece, since it has been in every member of the family’s systems over the years. I felt like I had to keep that going. Every time I see it, it makes me smile for just that reason.

3 Likes

I bought some knowledge. :grin:
Not looking to build an amp, just want to get a better idea of how they work.

16 Likes

Looks like some interesting books

Nice. You never know, you might get inspired. Either way, looks like it’s going to be a very good read.

1 Like

I love learning whether it’s on forums or in books. I have to admit that I rarely read books anymore, my phone has given me ADD.

But I will try them in small doses. :grin: