What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I love learning whether it’s on forums or in books. I have to admit that I rarely read books anymore, my phone has given me ADD.

But I will try them in small doses. :grin:

No picture, but needed a new usb cable and after testing 5 I can afford I finally settled on
the Nordost Blue Heaven (at a discount!) After it broke in a bit there was really no comparison! Simply a more pleasurable listening experience in every regard, especially
SS, bass, detail and the total absence of any glare! Worth it!

1 Like

Pardon about the picture above, for I know the insides of my rig is a bit dusty and I do have plans of cleaning it any time soon. Well, it arrived earlier this afternoon and I have finally dual channel installed and I am currently at 64GB due to my previous blunder of buying a single stick 32GB instead of getting a 2x16GB kit. The other stick should’ve had been for my 970 EVO Plus but oh well, I guess it will have to wait as usual.

4 Likes

And here am I, finally considering to upgrade my system to 32GB memory :neutral_face:

1 Like

Tbh I meant to update my memory to 32GB only as well, but due to my past screw up of me having that I thought I bought a 2x16GB kit, instead I was getting a 32GB single, for I did not read the damn store’s description right.

1 Like

All the parts that I ordered from my previous post came in and I ended up putting them all together. I’m still waiting on the tuning foam but in its current form they sound a bit like open back Sennheiser but a bit wider.

10 Likes

What are the costs for the different parts?

1 Like

15.4mm beryllium driver - $18.95 for pair
10x MMCX connector - $9.37
Metal housing - $11.97 for pair
16 core silver MMCX cable - $14.89

Total = $55.18

Of course you can find cheaper drivers and cables or more expensive drivers and cables.

2 Likes

That’s a huge driver! Very cool.

1 Like

Looks amazing with not so crazy cost! Do you have any stock buds to compare yours too? Let us know how are your impressions on the sound quality in general!

Unfortunately i’m new to the ear bud world as I dabble mostly in IEMs at the moment. I’ll probably end up picking up a set of Sennheiser MX500s to have some kind of reference as I try different shells and different drivers. I’m waiting on some tuning foam and foam covers as i’m not getting an optimal seal at the moment.

Have you tried any buds before? Seal (even bud-like pseudo seal) is non existent in anything I have tried up until this point for period longer than 10s or up until 1st head movement and that is the biggest con of bud I see. But anatomy differs

1 Like

The last time I used something you would consider an ear bud was when I owned a sony cd player with the janky factory buds. That was followed up with the factory buds that came with the 1st gen ipod mini before I transitioned into headphones and eventually IEMs.

I don’t want to rain on parade any longer, but I hope your story with finding good fit (either by foams, shapes, housing etc) would end better than mine is probably going to end.
My last chance for succeeding by using silicone “foam” is arriving to me next week

2 Likes

Oh no worries, this was just something I wanted to check out as a fun side project. Though I may try creating and tuning my own custom IEM’s in the near future as the next step up from the buds.

2 Likes

My new portable endgame

13 Likes

What are you running them off portably?

I’ll be using a Topping NX7 but I haven’t ordered it yet. But my Xduoo X2s works surprisingly well with normal music and not super quiet classical pieces

1 Like

Picked these up openbox:

13 Likes

Congrats. :+1: They look amazing.

1 Like