What did you buy today? (Part 2)

New old toy: cavalli liquid crimson

16 Likes

It has arrived (Out of shot: USB-C to Lightning OTG). Gonna write a small review in the RU6’s thread.

9 Likes

Thank you for placing your order with MusicTeck!
This email is to confirm your recent order.
Date 03/16/2022

1x UM Universal MEST MKII - 4.4mm
for $1,199.00 each
Subtotal : $1,199.00 USD
Shipping : $21.59 USD
Total : $1,220.59 USD

11 Likes

I truly didn’t know what your post meant … until I went on musicTeck…

:flushed:

love it! just need the Lyr 3, mebe the Valhalla 2 and a Lokius to make it perfect. :wink:

for me tho… an Open Heart 4.4mm interconnect fir my Zen stack n a pizza.

I want the hemp n GW100 v2.

1 Like

I bought the GW100 v2 a month ago, its been my favorite bluetooth headset, now got these Hemps and really like them… I’m thinking about doing a removable cable mod on them, looking for where to do that

2 Likes

nice! how do the GW100v2 compare to the Hemp?

I like them both.

The GW100 v2 are bassier, not muddy though, vocals, mids still sound great, I feel like they have a nice lively sound - the best sounding bluetooth cans imho and I have tried alot… Having been using cabled headphones so often its nice to have a set of headphones entirely free of cables - I find I use them alot because they sound great, I find them comfortable. They are plastic but imho they look awesome, plastic is not super cheap feeling… I actually prefer the headband significantly, headband feels higher quality, and the pins and block move smoothly and dont feel as loose as the regular grado one when sliding and they only rotate to flat in one direction, it’s a small thing but I really like that, I actually am curious if I can find that headband as a part and mount it on my Hemps… Or I might find a different replacement for the hemps headband. The hemps headband is not bad its leather but not really much padding, I find both comfortable but I also am comfortable wearing ON ears - I have portapros which I wear all the time while working, as well as other koss over ears… You will notice how much fuller and rich and the fact that they are open backed compared to any other bluetooth headset… IMHO they are a bluetooth headset that can compete with cabled headsets.

The Hemps look amazing IMHO, I love the color and wood’s pattern on the cups… One of the coolest looking sets I have seen, the sound when you move from the GW100 to the Hemps being cabled sounds a bit more crisp, I am not sure if the style of earpads is also contributing to that, since the GW100 has a foam pad that has a full surface (kindof like a porta pro), while the Hemps actually dont even cover the driver… Sound is dynamic, rich, smooth and lively, bit bright, more crisp but not fatiguing and sharp to my ears, Hemps sound exciting, I can be a tiny but treble sensitive and I really dont find them too sharp even on shouty tracks, feels like these pull back just the right amount at the highs. The hemps I find comfortable enough, but I know some people find the stock pads a bit rough - they are fine… as comfortable IMHO as a heavier portapro or kph30i… I love them but owning them I feel inclined to maybe mod them to have a removable cable and maybe some higher end headband like the Shipibo maybe. I am not a fan of the cable, its okay… But I feel like when I move or brush my zipper etc, I can hear the braid fabric slightly as its somewhat stiff and textured… Not as bad as some cables, its a high quality cable at least… Its not terrible but just a bit too stiff and the fact that its fixed makes it less portable so would rather have the ability to swap cables…

I have no regrets getting the GW100 first. Its just more mobile and cable free, the Hemps I love but feel like I want to mod them to take them to next level.

8 Likes

I second the recommendation for the GW100 v2. I don’t have the Hemps to compare it to but I do have a few e series Grado models. The GW100 is tuned in a more pleasing manner compared to other Grados. It has a bit more bass and it does not have the peak in the upper mids / treble.

It is more like a good Bluetooth headphone than a wireless Grado if that makes sense.

3 Likes

Well going to dive into a high-end closed back.

12 Likes

Nice Price for this phone, congratz. :+1:Have Fun :index_pointing_at_the_viewer:

1 Like

Thanks!! Really wanted to pick up the empyrean but I think I’ll have a better use case for the liric.

Currently burning the Kinki in as they recommend 300 hours before it’s settled! Instantly loved the D1SE. I was eyeing up R2Rs but chose the VMV over an Ares II due to greater flexibility in function and application. Glad I took Golden Sound’s recommendation here. The Kinki does seem like a similar beast to my Cayin IHA-6 but I’ll reserve judgement after burn in. Both already playing nice with my 880 600 Ohm and HE500.

12 Likes

Impressed with these, the noise isolation and neutral tuning almost makes up for the ear canal violation

6 Likes

I’ve been enjoying these for the last couple of days, really happy with the purchase.

13 Likes

Creative Aurvana Live! aka: I need to stop buying expensive headphones and just enjoy some more of all the fantastic, cheaper gear that’s out there.

10 Likes

Recently took delivery of my End game. Haven’t had much time with them but first impression is … cohesive. This is my first journey in the Tri-brid space, but it genuinely sounds like 1 driver is in these things. Resolving power is unbelievable. I thought my Timeless was amazing and these just took it to the next step. I was hearing things in some Zeppelin songs that I’ve yet to notice in 20 years of listening. Imaging is great, stage is not as 3D as I was expecting, tuning is very neutral. Vocals sound as natural as I’ve ever heard. I’m very happy so far. One negative I will mention is the cable … I love the look and build of it, with its interchangeable termination but damn is it thick, heavy and prone to tangling. Not a huge fan but I can get past that.

11 Likes

Believe me… if you’re really hooked on this hobby_ the term “end game” is almost “self-deception” because you’ll keep looking for a step up :wink:

trust me

2 Likes

Cannot wait

11 Likes