What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Someone I know on this forum gives great advice. :slight_smile:

OG version, but still an upgrade over my current daily headphone.

16 Likes

Hyland audio Venus arrived today in Ash ( Front lighter set)……loving the V shape to the sound great AND compliment the Jupiter (darker top set- American Black Walnut)……it’s amazing as they have the same driver but very distinct sounds. I cannot recommend Hyland Audio enough……especially EU /UK folks give Alex a shout he is making in’s some beautiful noise making hardware……and a gentleman and scholar to boot.
!

16 Likes

HA! yeah, nah you’re right, man. I absolutely understand. I predict I’ll be on the hunt for new gear in about 6-12 months time. Not sure if I’ll need more IEMs but I know that I want a proper DAC/Amp combo plus a decent pair of over ears. This hobby is absolutely unforgiving :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I might have expanded my movie collection…

4 Likes

Picked up a set of T1Es and man they aren’t disappointing.

2 Likes

My wallet my attempt to smother me while I sleep. But I placed an order.

This will be my first TOTL. The weight time shouldn’t be bad, I waited 12 weeks for my Argons so I think I can wait 12 for the Aeolus LTD. Now the fear of them not being to my liking, that may also kill me if my wallet does not.

9 Likes

Did they come with the hybrid pads? I got those from aliexpress for my 400i once and they’re legit the most comfortable pads I’ve ever worn, wanted to buy a second pair just in case but the shop just disapeared lol

If you enjoy a chill headphone you will not be disappointed with the Aeolus. Mine are standard but I really couldn’t wait for a limited edition to come out.
Do you have a tube amp?

No tube amp, I have thought about getting one. But space is limited, and I fear my cat will stick her nose in the tubes. She is very VERY dumb. The big thing that held me back initially was the standard wood choice, I wanted something to more exciting looking.

Is that an 800S or an 8XX?

Definitely great choice and if you ever get the chance to hear them on a tube amp please do.

It’s the 800s I had to find a generic stock photo lol

1 Like

New addition to the collection just arrived.

15 Likes

Oh what a happy camper I am :grin:

15 Likes

Well, kinda shits all over this - nice!

For me today, my U2 Pro arrived. Got the temp clock model. I’ll probably get a chance to listen to what it can do come Sunday. I need to start buying more of what really matters though …music! Kinda did order two more DACs today though too… I need help.

8 Likes

Ifi gryphon came in today. I kind of side graded (probably downgraded) from different TV > couch setups.

Had a qudelix > Sabaj a10h (remote volume control) > A30pro.

Changed to qudelix > sh9 (remote) to remove the sabaj and only have 2 source devices.

Then for some reason I thought I need more power and got the SP400 (remote) instead the SH-9.

Somehow I felt this setup was still too complicated with the extension cord across the side of the room and remembered the time where I had the xCan + Hd700, easy and happy time. So I decided to go back to this setup and change to the gryphon. Was a little worried if the gryphon is powerful enough for the Arya V2 but so far it’s doing good. Volume is at ~70 from 106 most of the time.

(4.4mm cable is on the way)

10 Likes

Came with 2x pad sets…I’d love to find these

STAX baby !

Had a demo this morning with a set of these and L700… surprisingly easy choice.
That’s me done.
HPs sorted, iems sorted…what a ride :heart_eyes:

22 Likes

Famous last words :joy:

4 Likes

Just received the final piece for my new endgame portable setup: Topping NX7

13 Likes