What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I have a pair of open backs and some iems, and I need a middle ground for noise isolation + over ear-type comfort. This is also an early birthday gift for myself :sob:

6 Likes

Not bought today but arrived today (pretty fast actually)
Beautiful and all black customized cable from XINHS, thanks @nymz for the shop recommendation! :slight_smile:
I am really happy with the quality, 54€ is also a fair price for this.
Now only the Kinda Lavas are missing :see_no_evil::volcano:

9 Likes

Great cable. I got the 2 cores. Xinhs is a master.

Kinda Lava salutes you :volcano:

9 Likes

It was gonna happen sooner or later I suppose

27 Likes

4 Likes

Well the L700’s turned out to be a bit if a disappointment…these on the other hand…
Now have pride of place in my system

7 Likes

It’s been a busy few weeks on the cable shopping front:

Nordost Heimdall 2 on the LCD-2.1pf, Corpse Grave Digger on the HD6xx, Arctic Cable (an older model, not exactly sure which one) on the DT880 600ohm, and an Invictus cable on the Eikons. All really nice upgrades over the stock / basic cables they were running before.

Not to be left out, the Utopia are still rocking the Heimdall 2 cable:

17 Likes

Well at 1200 this schiit just happened…I have a bifrost 2 gmmby and yggy to compare on several amp now…Multibit schiit showdown…not gonna lie actually hoping the results are…" Yeah bifrost gets me 90% to yggy, I’ll keep it and sell the rest.

13 Likes

I can’t speak to the Yggy, but I went on a similar journey yesterday.

Some Vinyl for the collection, and also dekoni tips qnd a LP gear stylus for the AT-LP60X.

14 Likes

Finally! :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Quick first impression: Ear and Eyecandy :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

Got these (Magnepan LRS & Perreaux 80i) in for a home demo from a local store at the weekend

Chain is now; Rpi4 (Volumio) > P6 Pro > Perreaux 80i > Magnepan LRS

10 Likes

Thought I’d try this XINHS modular 4-core graphene since AE sale is on.

5 Likes

I am beyond tempted to get a set with the sale going on … oof congrats, brother!

1 Like

Thanks buddy :blush:
Really like the kinda lava so far but coming from FH3 the bass could be a tad more prominent in certain tracks… I would not consider myself a bass head but I would not mind a little boost
Bass quantity on FH3 was perfect for me.
Don’t know what to think about burn in time but let’s see what time will bring, maybe I will also get used to it.
To be honest I would have hoped to be more certain if I will keep it or not

1 Like

Has been a while since I bought music albums:

2 Likes

177X Go + Dekoni Choice Suede = Tygr 300 R + Dekoni Elte Velour, but in closed-back form, with a touch more bass. It’s almost as if the same tuning was installed in two headphones, and I get to experience it in open or closed back form.

If I use the Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin, then it is straight up a 1:1 to my ears (however, I do prefer the bass of the 177X with the Choice Suedes)

4 Likes

I bit two very big bullets, but finally decided the time spent saved from watching classifieds etc. was worth it. Now if only some of my items would sell…

If this is confusing, it’s because I canceled my order of the Canons earlier. Repurchased today.

4 Likes

Bought a 4.4mm cable today for my hifiman.

Normally I prefer 8 or 16 core cables but somehow this catched my eye (probably because blue). Hope it will not be too stiff with just 4 cores and the plastic outside. With 50€ also not very cheap, especially with the nice open heart 8 core cables for 15€

10 Likes