What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Creative Aurvana Live! aka: I need to stop buying expensive headphones and just enjoy some more of all the fantastic, cheaper gear that’s out there.

10 Likes

Recently took delivery of my End game. Haven’t had much time with them but first impression is … cohesive. This is my first journey in the Tri-brid space, but it genuinely sounds like 1 driver is in these things. Resolving power is unbelievable. I thought my Timeless was amazing and these just took it to the next step. I was hearing things in some Zeppelin songs that I’ve yet to notice in 20 years of listening. Imaging is great, stage is not as 3D as I was expecting, tuning is very neutral. Vocals sound as natural as I’ve ever heard. I’m very happy so far. One negative I will mention is the cable … I love the look and build of it, with its interchangeable termination but damn is it thick, heavy and prone to tangling. Not a huge fan but I can get past that.

11 Likes

Believe me… if you’re really hooked on this hobby_ the term “end game” is almost “self-deception” because you’ll keep looking for a step up :wink:

trust me

2 Likes

Cannot wait

11 Likes

Someone I know on this forum gives great advice. :slight_smile:

OG version, but still an upgrade over my current daily headphone.

16 Likes

Hyland audio Venus arrived today in Ash ( Front lighter set)……loving the V shape to the sound great AND compliment the Jupiter (darker top set- American Black Walnut)……it’s amazing as they have the same driver but very distinct sounds. I cannot recommend Hyland Audio enough……especially EU /UK folks give Alex a shout he is making in’s some beautiful noise making hardware……and a gentleman and scholar to boot.
!

16 Likes

HA! yeah, nah you’re right, man. I absolutely understand. I predict I’ll be on the hunt for new gear in about 6-12 months time. Not sure if I’ll need more IEMs but I know that I want a proper DAC/Amp combo plus a decent pair of over ears. This hobby is absolutely unforgiving :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I might have expanded my movie collection…

4 Likes

Picked up a set of T1Es and man they aren’t disappointing.

2 Likes

My wallet my attempt to smother me while I sleep. But I placed an order.

This will be my first TOTL. The weight time shouldn’t be bad, I waited 12 weeks for my Argons so I think I can wait 12 for the Aeolus LTD. Now the fear of them not being to my liking, that may also kill me if my wallet does not.

9 Likes

Did they come with the hybrid pads? I got those from aliexpress for my 400i once and they’re legit the most comfortable pads I’ve ever worn, wanted to buy a second pair just in case but the shop just disapeared lol

If you enjoy a chill headphone you will not be disappointed with the Aeolus. Mine are standard but I really couldn’t wait for a limited edition to come out.
Do you have a tube amp?

No tube amp, I have thought about getting one. But space is limited, and I fear my cat will stick her nose in the tubes. She is very VERY dumb. The big thing that held me back initially was the standard wood choice, I wanted something to more exciting looking.

Is that an 800S or an 8XX?

Definitely great choice and if you ever get the chance to hear them on a tube amp please do.

It’s the 800s I had to find a generic stock photo lol

1 Like

New addition to the collection just arrived.

15 Likes

Oh what a happy camper I am :grin:

15 Likes

Well, kinda shits all over this - nice!

For me today, my U2 Pro arrived. Got the temp clock model. I’ll probably get a chance to listen to what it can do come Sunday. I need to start buying more of what really matters though …music! Kinda did order two more DACs today though too… I need help.

8 Likes

Ifi gryphon came in today. I kind of side graded (probably downgraded) from different TV > couch setups.

Had a qudelix > Sabaj a10h (remote volume control) > A30pro.

Changed to qudelix > sh9 (remote) to remove the sabaj and only have 2 source devices.

Then for some reason I thought I need more power and got the SP400 (remote) instead the SH-9.

Somehow I felt this setup was still too complicated with the extension cord across the side of the room and remembered the time where I had the xCan + Hd700, easy and happy time. So I decided to go back to this setup and change to the gryphon. Was a little worried if the gryphon is powerful enough for the Arya V2 but so far it’s doing good. Volume is at ~70 from 106 most of the time.

(4.4mm cable is on the way)

10 Likes