What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Has been a while since I bought music albums:

2 Likes

177X Go + Dekoni Choice Suede = Tygr 300 R + Dekoni Elte Velour, but in closed-back form, with a touch more bass. It’s almost as if the same tuning was installed in two headphones, and I get to experience it in open or closed back form.

If I use the Elite Fenestrated Sheepskin, then it is straight up a 1:1 to my ears (however, I do prefer the bass of the 177X with the Choice Suedes)

4 Likes

I bit two very big bullets, but finally decided the time spent saved from watching classifieds etc. was worth it. Now if only some of my items would sell…

If this is confusing, it’s because I canceled my order of the Canons earlier. Repurchased today.

4 Likes

Bought a 4.4mm cable today for my hifiman.

Normally I prefer 8 or 16 core cables but somehow this catched my eye (probably because blue). Hope it will not be too stiff with just 4 cores and the plastic outside. With 50€ also not very cheap, especially with the nice open heart 8 core cables for 15€

10 Likes

I like the original PlayStation sitting in the middle of it. Are you using as the CD player in the system?

1 Like

Aeon RT Closed

13 Likes

Yeah although I don’t have many CDs currently so mainly using streaming via airplay

1 Like

Shopping spree :roll_eyes::see_no_evil::grin:
At least I think I am well equipped now… Let’s see for how long

11 Likes

Good god dayum … that’s a nice little set up :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Thanks buddy, I am also pretty happy with my purchases :heart_eyes:
Ready for adventures :star_struck: :minibus::dash: :notes::musical_note::notes:

1 Like

The adventures are indeed fun! Happy listening, my man :sunglasses::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Picked up the Mele as well as this cable to use with the Monarch’s :call_me_hand:

I just felt the monarch’s cable to be too damn heavy, albeit amazingly built and beautiful. Can’t wait to listen to the Meles when I want to just sit back and enjoy the warm bliss that music can be.

4 Likes

Stoked to try these…

22 Likes

Resin version of these babies (Letshuoer sale on).

9 Likes

Complementing the other LPs that arrived, this was 50% off and on my wishlist since the beginning of this Vinyl journey. And damn I it’s not one of the best albums I ever listened to.

12 Likes

Ahhh yes. The robots took great care when they recorded and mastered this album. Not my favorite dp album but one that I respect deeply! I too have my vinyl from 2013 but haven’t had the chance to hear it. Nice pick up! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Last of my parts for the upgrades I want to do on my hemps arrived today:

• aluminum half yokes from Shipibo
  • 3D printed removable cable adapter from beautifulaudio
  • small hybrid pads from beautifulaudio (chocolate brown)

I havent soldered since highschool so I am going to talk to some people at hobby shops to maybe get some help / advice before cutting the cables…

https://www.shipibo.audio/product-page/krótki
https://www.beautifulaudio.biz/grado-cable-adapter

11 Likes

Not that hard to do but i would suggest to invest in a decent solder station cause that makes the work that much easier, hasn’t to be a hakko one but a cheap T12 knockoff for 60-80 bucks helps a lot cause you can change tips for the right size.
Also something like a third hand can make holding things less tricky :wink:

2 Likes

Some new records. Through Bandcamp so building that FLAC library as well.

9 Likes

All praise Bandcamp, let’s hope Epic doesn’t fuck it into oblivion. My Bandcamp Friday haul (save for the Denzel)

6 Likes