What did you buy today? (Part 2)

How’s the weight?

Not as bad as the M1060C… that’s for sure!

Comfort for me is 7/10. I’ll probably buy the head strap to improve the comfort, though.

Insoles of my Asics were in need of replacement (I mean… I’ve had them since the very beginning of August last year) so I bought some new Dr.Scholl’s.
I may have just so happened to also snag a couple things from 1836 Farms…

1 Like

I am so lucky to have such concerning friends :innocent: another goodie I might be interested.

Wait, I am definetely interested!

2 Likes

C$ 1.26 | Earphone Accessories Silicone Necklace For Wired Earphone Ajustion Silicone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNbxUZ2

Great neck strap for IEM great price for 5

1 Like

Unplugged the Avantone CLA200 & plugged this in. Only 1 song into it. There is a very noticeable difference in sound right away. Will need a lot more time to determine it all. First impression is the Hafler is not so forward as the Avantone but the Hafler is presenting more soundstage than the Avantone.

3 Likes

Bought a stone for my sub. Best 10€ ever spend; no vibrations whatsoever anymore

6 Likes

Cannot people decide for themselves whether to stay away from a television show adapted from a literary source based upon their interests, possibly consulting reputable reviewers of these shows? I am a fan of Jane Austen, and recall the hew and cry among those who proclaimed that any adaptation of her novels would be heresy. In my opinion, several adaptations of her works were quite well done.

I am not well-versed in the material this show is based on (though my wife is), but don’t doubt there are reputable reviewers who are, and could provide somewhat more substantive advice beyond “stay away.”

Can you tell where this is going?

Still need to get a nice set of headphones that use dual 3.5mm TRS inputs.

Sort of lost interest in this experiment when my subwoofer arrived.

1 Like

So I’m gonna have to blame @rattlingblanketwoman for my latest purchase. I mean, $200 on a pair of ThieAudio Excaliburs was just a little too good to ignore. :wink:

I guess now I’m gonna get to run a shootout between the Excaliburs and my EJ07Ms and I’m actually quite looking forward to it.

6 Likes

Forgive me father for I have sinned…

Headphones are always a thorn within me. And let’s remember the good old days:

4 Likes

But a Bluetooth HP is still mobileish so the username still checks out :grin:

1 Like

A bit late here in the UK but we got season 1…

2 Likes

New Grills to really open the back of my HiFiMan 400i

Great seller got mine from another member recommendation in clear coat bare metal.

https://mesgmy.ebay.com/mesgweb/ViewMessageDetail/email/0/f44992a73d25438aab41cb76d6948c47

5 Likes

Reading material. Third one arriving tomorrow.

7 Likes

I kinda sorta bought a thing… It was $7.50+tax

9 Likes

Yeah man, why not :laughing:

I have a super soaker that I use for water fights with my nieces and nephew, tactical training courtesy of the USMC, and a childish love for playground games. When and where are we meeting to get this battle kicked off?!?! :rofl::sunglasses:

To keep this strictly topical, today I purchased supplies to make a bunch of .338 Lapua Mag hand loads because I am getting together with some of my buddies next weekend for a little long range shooting competition and I can’t wait to send those suckers home with lighter wallets and deflated egos lol!

2 Likes

Is shooting .338 still like shooting $5 bills? The price always scared me off, but a bolt gun in .308 or 6.5 has been on my list for some time. I mostly pop 5.56 and .22 when I have time for the range.

3 Likes

It does indeed get a bit expensive, but a .338 is what I was behind over in the sandbox and I really only shoot it when I’m going for precision over extreme distances or shooting competitively with others. The guys I am meeting up with are all vets from the same unit and/or program I was in and some were in it with me others were in it before or after. Meaning these guys are some of the best shooters the Marines, and by extension the US military, has ever fielded. When we get together to shoot it involves big bets, but, more importantly, winner takes home big bragging rights. Being the kinda guys we are, we all legit think we’re the best.

That aside, .338 is my favorite calibre to shoot and if it was financially feasible I would shoot it all the time. When you’ve gotten to know a round like it’s an extension of your fist, fired countless rounds of it down range in battle situations, and relied on it to keep you and your fellow Marines/soldiers alive, it’s hard not to favor it’s use whenever possible. I can shoot and shoot extremely well with anything, but .338 is, IMO/IME, the perfect long distance/sniper round.

This little get together will be the first time I get to take my Accuracy International AXSR out against some real top shelf competitors rather than just at my ranch or the shooting club. Don’t get me wrong, there are some fine shooters at the club and who shoot with me regularly, but the guys I’m talking about have skills that it’s next to impossible to acquire as a civilian. It’s going to be so much fun and I’m gettin’ psyched up just writing about it! :joy:

Edit: I should add that I have plenty of long guns and hand guns chambered in just about every calibre imaginable because I love to shoot just about anything. Did you have a specific .308 in mind?

3 Likes