What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Brand spanking new and sounding superb. :smiley:

11 Likes

Can’t wait

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 3.28.19 PM

20 Likes

It’s a very nice headphone. The wait will be difficult.

1 Like

a0NZ1pn_700bwp.png

4 Likes

You’ll learn to wait.

Not completely new. I finally got my LCD 24 reviewed here to come home in the mail! That and FINALLY after a weird wire issue I have a Microzotl MZ2 that has been re-tubed with recommendations from the tube encyclopedia Hazi.

Tubes ordered are Sylvania V231 6SN7GT (NOS) with new production Mullar 12AT7.

The combination of Sagra → MZ2 → LCD 24 is just wow. Nothing peaky, shouty, resolves pretty well (better than I expected for a tube), great air. Just wow… and the MZ2 is a speaker amp which blew me away already.

11 Likes

I’ve had the A5X on my wish list for many months and pulled the trigger yesterday when I saw a used pair listed on Guitar Center.

Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 5.43.17 PM

8 Likes

@EvilGnome6 Those look really good. Anxious to hear how you get on with them.

1 Like

Quicksilver arrived. Listened to 1 song and it sounded great. I’m in the middle of doing laundry and cleaning out my garage, so I won’t get to more listening until tomorrow.

29 Likes

ZMF Vérité LTD Desert Ironwood.

Lektrik C dual strand cable terminated in 1/4" for tube listening on the Cayin HA-1A MK2.

First impressions: So. Much. Music. These are ear-opening, making me wonder where was all the sound when I was listening to other gear - not that I’ll be selling anything off anytime soon, but I feel that the Vérités offer a complete experience. They are exactly as advertised: accurate timbre, fast response. Much more enjoyment/experimenting to come with amp/cable/pad/genre combinations.

31 Likes

Forgot to mention - @EstrangedBaron and his wife listened to his new Auteurs; they both cried. My wife listened to my new Vérités; she said, “Those are really heavy.” :laughing:

6 Likes

Really nice choices. Well done.

1 Like

Damn this place! :laughing: I have been drooling over tube amps and R2R DACs all day. So tell me… How does that suddenly make one pull the trigger on these?

They arrive Wednesday. I’m not even sure what happened exactly but I am excited!

14 Likes

They do look like they need an R2R DAC.

2 Likes

These arrived today and the reason why I bought it is due to curiousity on what they claim about it is true. Right now I think the medium-size are a bit big for my earholes but they go in regardless, though it would have been much more convenient if I did went for the medium-small size along with the sticky-like grip I feel from the Xelastec.

Makes my Purple BLONs look cooler though, and I think this is probably the IEMs that makes sense putting the Xelastecs on.

10 Likes

Aeon 2 Noire came in today! Finally got that closed-back I’ve been looking for. Will listen all day today and provide some feedback for anyone interested.

Edit: Is it bad that the first thing I think about when getting new headphones is sharing with you guys before even opening them up and listening? :laughing:

25 Likes

I know this feeling all too well.

3 Likes

well, i stepped up my DAC-game… a little …

Considering it’s the old A1-version, i might have overpaid a bit. But given the propability to get any Yggdrasil in Germany atm and a rather high resale value, i was more than happy to find this used one. At least it has the USB Gen5 upgrade. I have it running for 4 days now and it already sounds incredibly mighty. If it gets any better, i’ll be suprised. Just as surpised, that there’s suddenly an Yggdrasil in my home. Whoopsee.

28 Likes

which do you enjoy more, the new clear or the new aeon 2c? (aeon noire the same but with perforated apparently)

ive got the noire and the OG clear myself

Only able to listen to the Noire for an hour or so compared to the Clear Mg, so I don’t have too much info to provide currently, but some quick points from my own opinion:

1. The Bf2 → Jot2 → Clear Mg is the most impressive headphone I’ve ever heard. So far the Noire is great but I intentionally got it to be a closed-back counter to the Clear Mg; I would much prefer the Clear for daily listening. Plus it’s open-back so I can wear it for longer without feeling hot.
  2. The Noire is great so far! Very light and comfortable - I’m really stoked because I wanted something with a warm sound but above all else comfortable with good noise isolation; something I could wear all day while working. And this seems to be doing that!