What did you buy today? (Part 2)

True story @ShaneD we used to have X Fest in Pittsburgh every year in the mid to late 90’s…I remember around 8 of us watching the Deftones off on a side stage…One of my buddies told us he had listened to some of their stuff and they were going to make it one day…They blew up about 6 months later…There are a few bands I am looking forward to seeing…There are a few I have never seen live and a few that I haven’t seen in years (Filter), and there are ones we aren’t going to waste our time watching (Rob Zombie) because they aren’t good at all live. It will be the millionth time we have seen the Foo Fighters, but the first without Taylor…I am interested to see who drums for them Sunday night…I am also hoping Dave plays with QOTSA Friday night…I can’t wait

2 Likes

For me, the draws would be:
Deftones!
Foo Fighters
The Pretty Reckless
Filter
AWOLNATION
Ayron Jones
Grandson

That is a hell of a lineup on one day!
:+1:

2 Likes

Just picked up an Arturia Microfreak MPE synth. Should arrive saturday. Im going to be using it for its synth capabilities for sure, but I am equally as excited about using this as a true MPE (midi polyphonic expression) controller for the numerous MPE software synths I have such as Plasmonic, Pigments, Imagine, Surge, Serum, and a few others. If you havent seen an MPE synth or controller in action, I recommend searching youtube for “MPE synth demo” and see what that looks and sounds like. The Osmose synth is currently the best (imo) MPE out there.

I found that my credit with sweetwater is pretty good and I can basically take anything home and finance it with like 2 clicks, so… yeah!!! =P

3 Likes

LMAO! Even 20$ chi-fi have much better unboxing experience.

1 Like

does the sound make up for it? :thinking:

Overall I would say yes. Have some impressions in the official thread.

SuperReview released a video too.

2 Likes

Dunu Studio SA6 Mk2. I started listening with bass boost off and S+S XL tips. Currently using bass boost on with S+S L tips, an even better combination. I thought my Letshuoer D13 sounded good, but they’re amateur hour after A/Bing with the Mk2. This is the first time I’ve spent >$200 on IEMs, and they are well worth it.

12 Likes

Don’t fall down the hardware synth rabbit hole! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Too late. I fell down that hole over 20 years ago and have never desired to come out. :wink: Most of my stuff is software, but now I have 2 hardware synths, 3 good controllers, and a legion of libraries and VST instruments.

The microfreak is to die for. At $330 or $399 for synth + case, it’s one of the coolest most useful devices in my entire arsenal and this happened overnight.

It’s a sound design dream, an automation / matrixing dream, and the novel keyboard surface is something I can’t keep my hands off. From the lightest touch to the heaviest hit, it responds expressively and much like other more expensive hardware. The 4 track modulation sequencer inside it is also fantastic.

Works beautifully as a synth or controller or both stacked on top. I love it.

2 Likes

PENON 10th Anniversary edition IEM

9 Likes

Since my Senn HD660s are getting more play these days, I thought I would try something to improve the comfort. Found this headband replacement pad on Amazon for 11 bucks!

It works well and looks better than the stock pad. Seems like they fit a little better now. Not bad for 11 bucks.

5 Likes

I have the thing on my watchlist simply because none of my money-sinks have super-saw options…

1 Like

Temptation overload - endgame DD :crossed_fingers: incoming courtesy of Musicteck (Andrew = legend)

10 Likes

Loaded CX90

16 Likes

2.5 turbo?

3.3l turbo Inline 6 Rear wheel bias.

5 Likes

Oooh, the new motor! Very nice. :+1:

1 Like

So I didn’t buy all of it today. Been in the process of moving out of a pretty crappy station… One of the people I was living with came to harass me at work cause they where pissed I was moving out and I wouldn’t put it past to rampage and break all my crap kinda bad situation, so I’ve had to buy a few new things:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/122473081
https://www.walmart.com/ip/933224222
https://www.homedepot.com/p/HDX-5-Tier-Plastic-Garage-Storage-Shelving-Unit-in-Gray-36-in-W-x-72-in-H-x-24-in-D-128974/100006678

Hopefully once I’m a bit more fully established in the new place, I can get back into the hobby

6 Likes

Seems like a good decission moving out of a place with such an aggressive person :+1:t2:
Have a good and peaceful start in your new home! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

New Couch listening setup.
My new Hifiman Edition XS + Topping G5
:melting_face::metal::sunglasses:

15 Likes