What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Maybe we should start a thread on iPurifier type products? Supply filters, signal isolators, re-clockers, etc. I’ve had good and bad experiences trying these out, and it would be interesting to get broader feedback from the HiFi Guides community on them…

We could name the thread “YMMV” - since that always seems to be the caveat on this topic

1 Like

Actually I think that would be a good idea. For the record I was a real skeptic in terms of what impact certain cables would have on an audio system. Which is kinda silly since these kinds of things were critical when I was running my HAM radio station. Cable hygiene, a good ground base and good impedance matching were paramount in putting out a good signal. Delivering clean power to the gear was also very important. Seems all those things apply here as well.

1 Like

Got the Elegia today. First impressions are great. The case is very nice and the build is sturdy feeling. The plastic for the cups feels better than expected.

They also look great.

The cable is almost unusably janky though. Hopefully I can straighten it out, otherwise I’ll have to get a hart audio cable.

Sound impressions will come later after I’ve actually listened for more than 15 min.

23 Likes

ok, i’ll do it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good luck :joy: I tried hanging it for over a month, it did nothing…

2 Likes

@Raptor168 YMMV thread started:

This should be fun!

3 Likes

My Fellowes micro gel keyboard rest and mouse pad came in today (so much better) and one of the programmers was nice enough to make me some custom steel monitor stands, Happy Tuesday…

9 Likes

sweet!

those stands almost makes it look like the monitors area floating

2 Likes

and the storage underneath is nice to have, future upgrade will be a dac/amp there

1 Like

you must be really smart, whatever is happening at the moment looks super complicated

1 Like

for headphones? what gear are you looking to get? i don’t see any gear, first time?

haha not at all, took years to get here…at work I only use IEMs, currently Legacy 3’s and FH3’s, using a monoprice usb dac/amp now, thinking either a JDS Labs element or Fiio K5 Pro

element is pretty jelly with the knob thing going on ngl, i think you may be able to do just as good if you go for an atom which is much less money if i recall correctly, check it out!

1 Like

Lcd2.2pf came in, first repeat purchase hahah

also, on loan, a set of Campfire Andros

17 Likes

Looks like it’s headphone day at my place…

22 Likes

Welcome to the gang lol

2 Likes

LCD 2.2 x 2 lol

6 Likes

Got the matching faceplates for the RNHP “Lego” mod.

15 Likes

My custom Hart Audio cable for my DCA Aeon Open RT showed up today. The cable it comes with is nice but waaaay to unwieldy.

11 Likes