What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Herman Miller Mirra 2

:+1:

23 Likes

Went to a local vintage shop near my house today, worked out a trade in for a CD player. I could have haggled a bit but everybody’s gotta make a living and it was a fair price to begin with so. Picking it up in a couple of weeks when I scrounge up the rest of the cash.

BTW, bumped into these Ohm Walsh speakers, they’re THE speaker to have for house parties. There was not a bad place you could stand in the entire area that wasn’t filled with good sound. They’re interesting indeed. The CD player in question is what’s playing.

27 Likes

More tubes! Philco 6as7g made in USA and a 12bh7 Matsushita made in Japan. Warm and tubey and still retains some sparkle. I assume it’s a rebrand of rca 6as7g? I like it. Making my dt770’s sound somewhat open.

10 Likes

Do you have a link from the 6as7g tube,pls?

@Deleeh Ahhh, sorry I get all my tubes on ebay unfortunately. Lucky enough to catch them when they show up. Lucky to be able to find some nice deals too.

Okay thanks i will try to look :wink:.

1 Like

@Deleeh I’ve read that many of the 6as7g tubes are rebranded rca tubes in either bottom or top getter design. So hopefully you can find a nice NOS tube at a steal of a deal.

1 Like

Soundpeats Trueair 2. I know folks aren’t crazy about bluetooth buds, but these are proper. :+1: Great sound for buds due to good DSP, nice and small and fit me super well, and are fairly cheap. Great for throwing on for video calls and out and about.

Grabbed them for $12 new. Had a coupon with Soundpeats for like 50% off , then the product had 30% off, then free shipping. :rofl:

6 Likes

Yes, it is a bit tricky to find a sentence.
I have the Rca, but there’s almost nothing better at the moment.
Sophia Electric is not expected to produce them again until next year.
Otherwise, the only alternative is the 6080.

1 Like

That pic is aesthetically pleasing to my eyes.

8 Likes

Found out my wenge auteur’s are getting shipped out next week, super excited! Decided that since I’m probably a couple of months away from getting my SW51+ (to pair with the auteur) that I’d get a Jotunheim 2. It should pair well with my BF2, and also be a decent pairing with the auteur while I wait for the SW51+. The Jotunheim 2 will probably replace my atom, and my atom will probably go to my office to be used there. Planning on getting a very flat measuring dac/amp setup in the future but thought I’d put my money into enjoyment first and then flatness/accuracy (for comparisons and such) later.

9 Likes

Thanks Wesley.
I do like things to look neat, its one of the reasons i chose that DAC cos it would fit on the shelf neatly.
Sounds as good as it looks too

3 Likes

I picked up a set of Anker wireless buds a while back and I have been using them a ton for meetings, calls, and podcasts. They are super convenient and now I will always have a cheap pair of wireless buds around. Sounds like you got yourself a deal!

2 Likes

Congrats on the shipping confirmation. I’m really enjoying the BF2 > SW51+ > Auteur combo. It was worth the wait. But I’m curious about the Jot 2 to up my SS game. Looking forward to your thoughts. It would also be replacing my Atom. :+1:

2 Likes

Dekoni suede headband cover came in for the Hemps, really happy with it

14 Likes

I got the White Album, both original CD release (left) and 2018 remaster (right). Now I have to rip ALL FIVE DISCS.

18 Likes

Even the damn product code is sexy
LC49G95TSSEXXY

What my old setup looked like

Need to buy a vesa mount for it now, found the one I am getting so I can get the stand off my desk

19 Likes

Placed my first Drop order in like 100 years… My first 2 KPH30i’s, along with some other goodies to qualify for free shipping… :wink:

10 Likes

Re-bought yet Another Sennheiser!
I figured that since these are supposed to the ultimate tube amp headphone, for the money, why not.

19 Likes

Finally decided that it was time to get a proper nice cable for my hd6xx. Since at this point I don’t think I will ever get rid of it I naturally got a cable that costs as much as the headphone :laughing:

22 Likes