What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Much better than the focal trash string

2 Likes

I cancelled my order for the DT 1770’s and got these instead - with obligatory Big Ass Pads ™

11 Likes

yes, this is exactly the scenario. thanks for the hint, I am aware of the products like Schiit SYS, just never got round to getting something like this so far. also, I have to be honest and state that I am a bit sceptical… from purist perspective I can’t help but feel that nothing beats plugging directly into the amp… stupid perhaps…

1 Like

I can understand that perspective. I have seen it mentioned many times by the higher up/ smarter people in here that a single ‘split’ in the system should generally pose no issues to sound quality. I use one myself and find no degradation to the sound quality and as long as you are not running super long cables you should be hear no difference. I happen to use mine in reverse (1 input and 2 output = no volume control) as it is the only way I could listen to my records and play video games at the same time. My receiver only allows the video source to be different than the audio source, if that audio source is digital.

1 Like

I know, I know… I mean, I am fully aware that it’s the idealist/purist in me talking… introducing an extra element in the chain, this sort of thing…

1 Like

Latest addition to the collection

This will be my office setup so need to buy a portable Dac/amp. Thinking ifi go blu or their hip Dac. Super easy to drive these and isolationis great. I prefer my og clears of course but this serves a different use case. Stage is small and tight but that is ok for me based upon the tuning and technical performance. Build quality is great as is comfort.

My only concern is sound bleed in the office which if I disturb my cube mates these become a no go.

Cable is a bit stubby and Jenked so probably worth an aftermarket as well.

15 Likes

Looks nicly your Auris with the leather,beautiful :+1:

1 Like

HA! I see you got the infamous rubber nightmare cable with your Elegia’s as well. Is that not the worst stock cable you have ever seen? I could not believe what I was looking at when I opened mine last night. I was expecting the fabric one that they show in images. Imagine my surprise… That cable is now in the garbage.

Once you connect a competent replacement cable and put them on, all is forgotten. As for sound bleed, my Wife says we are good to go now, so you should be good to go too. Depends on how close your colleagues are, of course. Enjoy.

1 Like

That amp looks sexy AF.

2 Likes

Just bought a short cable for my Fidelios - now they’re legit BT headphones :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, I just joined the Sivga hype train!

7 Likes

It sounds sexy AF but not worth msrp. If you can pick one up for a good price I’d suggest it.

1 Like

Scored some Siemens E88CC nos tubes with factory codes A4 9B. Munich production February 1969. Silver shield dual post getter. Already own a pair of these and wanted to get a second pair as a backup.

7 Likes

Got very lucky that a local dealer had ONE pair of stabilized ZMF Vérité Closed at the store. Since I already tried several times to get a pair when on sale at ZMF and failed every time (sold out within seconds) I couldn’t pass on this chance and I’m super happy to call them mine now :smiley:

24 Likes

HD8XX

Impressions coming to channel soon :slight_smile:

11 Likes

These came in yesterday. Really “fun” headphone.

8 Likes

Those are some real good looking chambers.
Very Nice ! :+1:

Caspian for 20 characters?

Yes that is correct

one hell of a day
mscaler, dave, bakoon 13r

29 Likes

Well my last amp I’m buying for awhile finally came in.

17 Likes