What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Just look at all that schiit! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Enjoy!

OK, so I did something a little different. I was looking for a way to make the room a bit more interesting while in session. I got one of these

Instead of mere accent lighting, why not throw up the Northern Lights! It does all kinds of stuff, I guess. I just thought it might be fun. We’ll know more tonight. First impressions are good, though, as far as build and whatnot.

EDIT: Well now that it’s properly dark, I can tell you that I like this projector quite a bit. The imagery is pretty amazing. The room takes on a different feel. It’s like being in a planetarium or some kind of cool cave!

I also like how Arthur (the Dragon!) is depicted, basking in the glow of the orb. Fun stuff.

13 Likes

a new rugg for the office

5 Likes

Okay, I’ve got to ask why you have a photo of the F-20 Tigershark on your wall. There has to be a good story…

1 Like

LOL! Not really. I acquired that piece in an aircraft museum many years ago while in the field. It was the only one they had. I just really liked it. And I really liked that aircraft. I felt like it never got a chance to show what it could really do. Everybody fell in love with the F-16, especially after the Falcon won the flyoff with the YF-17, which would get re-invented to become the F/A-18.

The F-20 never really got it’s shot. I feel this plane could have been developed to be just as good if not better in some respects than the 16. It Would have been a great international seller. But it never happened. oh well, coulda-woulda-shoulda! Make no mistake, the Falcon/Viper went on to be a legend, so the right choice was made.

Also, I like that General Yeager is flying this plane. So it’s a kind of tribute to him.

5 Likes

Bought Rikudou_Goku DIY Earbuds “Berserker 1” in blue. Trying out some Earbuds recently as an comfortable / casual alternative to big and heavy open back headphones (not a big fan of IEMS)

7 Likes

Sold a set of Sony - so of course had to try more Schiit - Aegir heading my way for speaker bliss. Schiit is selling cheap in second hand EU market right now…really surprising. OG Yggy was 1200, Aegir at 800…

4 Likes

Yikes! Congrats. The Aegir should do well.

Doest that one make sounds when it moves the light around? I got a similar thing while back and its annoying loud :smiley:

No, it is very quiet. It only “Says” something when you first power it on, but I can’t understand what it is it is saying. To be honest, I usually have headphones on while it is in operation, but when I was initially fooling around with it I did not hear any noise or hum. It’s a pretty nice little device, actually. I haven’t used the blue tooth feature yet and most likely never will. I got it for the light show!

I’m going to be using it tonight and will pay a bit more attention. I’ll let you know if I hear anything out of the ordinary. Or anything at all!

1 Like

Atrium has arrived!

Goes well with the Rognir. Both sets created in Bubinga wood.

18 Likes

How is cannon vs mangird tea?

16 Likes

I only have a week’s worth of memories on the Mangird Tea, getting older by the day - it’s not something I can make fair comparison to.

Decided to buy the EMU Teak so my teak table in the background doesnt feel alone. The holy trinitiy is complete bows down
(I prefer the sound signature to the 5k)

10 Likes

I have had a few evenings with it now and it has been very nice to use. Very quiet, relatively small and easy to operate. I like having the remote as well.

Got my new amp today. Little Dot MK9. Bigger than I thought it would be, I guess just based on having a MKIII before.
Like the look and love the sound. Very full and deep sounding. My test list loved it and now I am going through my recent jazz purchases.
Using my Grado GH2’s and have to keep it under 10:00.

With the first song I had to check if the EQ was on. :grin:

14 Likes

Fancy fancy,now a better 6SL7 then magic will surely happen.
Were the 6080s included or did you buy them separately?
If they were included they are definitely good.
Have fun with it, remember to burn in the tubes :wink:.

1 Like

They are all stock tubes and were included. I didn’t even know they made tubes in France. A buddy on Head-FI has already sent me a 6SL7. I have found a place in Canada where I will buy a few more 6SL7’s at a pretty good price. I am surprised how much I like it right put of the box. Hopefully it will just get better and better. I am excited to get back at it tomorrow and in the days to come to start headphone rolling.

Great price and a very nice sound. In Low gain, it has tons of power for me, but I am a quiet listener. With The Grado’s I can’t go much past 10:00, depending on the music. It is early, but I think it is a keeper.

2 Likes

Got my ZReviews swag in.

9 Likes