What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Pretty sure it’s their Labor Day holiday there til like the 4th.

Bought myself the XENNS Mangird Tea2.

Yeah probably. Still waiting for my Xinhs cable though along with the 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapter I ordered.

Ordered etymotic er2se today from Drop. Usually see for 99 or $100, but today $70.
I have the -25dB plugs and like them, so will see if these will fit reasonably comfortably.
Plan to use them on the go, but also at home in summer, when my noisy AC is running, for tv watching/listening.

2 Likes

Today I received the Ifi Go Blu with leather case and I must say I am pretty pleased so far with its sound and also with the portability :slight_smile:
X-Bass and X-Space are also really nice and usefull to me… I think I will keep it :grin::ok_hand:t2:

9 Likes

2 Likes

Think you misunderstood something in the term “deep insertion” of iems XD

5 Likes

Just bought the very same Sivga Robin featured in this review:

I’ve been meaning to buy one of these since it launched.

3 Likes

My new steam deck arrived earlier today

13 Likes

Looks cool.Have fun with it.
In Europe comes in October this year,:nauseated_face:.

hehe lol lost in translation perhaps

12 Likes

Bought a Chinese tube amp for my Def Tech bipolar tower and Rad-0

11 Likes

Just a 3.5mm to 4.4mm adapter that arrived today, much to my surprise it really works. Now I don’t need to get a cable that has 4.4mm plug in order to use my ifi Zen DAC’s Balanced jack.

6 Likes

iFi is selling a adapter like this but they say it is just for convenience. You are not getting the benefits of balanced (more power, better channel separation).
So you might still get a new cable in the future. Depending on the headphone and if you really need it.

2 Likes

Hello everybody, it’s the local pad-swap addict

Ever since I got lasik, I could 100% utilized the Dekoni Fenestrated Sheepskin pads for my TYGRS out of comfort reasons, and yes, they are a good pairing.

As a result, I got the ZMF 6XX Perf. Lambskin pads, and my 6XX’s sound like 6SEXSEX’s

It is 3:30am as I am writing this, so no sound impressions. However, if you’ve seen DMS’ review, then I will agree with it.

Comfort-wise? I imagine this is what it’s like getting clamped between anime girl thighs. (The same applies to the Dekoni pads).

I hope I’m done with this journey, because I think I’ve peaked + I want to save money now.

Anyways, goodnight, good knights.

6 Likes

Yeah I saw that one back then, just didn’t have the money to get it so I had to settle on a more affordable one for now. Not to worry though, the female 3.5mm of mine is balanced so I guess it’s ok.

But yeah I will keep that one in mind, if there are going to be issues.

What iFi labels as “s-balanced” is in fact not balanced, but bridged amplification:

For reference, Bridged Amplifier configuration from the LM380’s datasheet:

2 Likes

Hello,

Since I bought the Hip 2, my thought was of course that I could bridge to Pentacon.
However, this is not the case and I have asked Ifi.
The whole thing should be switched so that 3.5 mm is still decisive.
Unfortunately, you don’t get the power output of the Pentacon connection.
At least for the Hip 2, and probably for other devices as well.
I think that would otherwise cause a short circuit and destroy the headphones.

Unfortunately, you can’t go from Pentacon to 3.5 or 6.3 balanced.
Ifi told me that if I want full performance on the Hip 2 I have to have a Pentacon cable, I assume this will be the case on the other Ifi products as well.
Ifi has a protective circuit in it so that you can go over Pentacon and bridge to 3.5 mm.
I don’t know how it is with other manufacturers’ devices.
Nevertheless, the adapter has something good - you can also use it for 3.5 mm jack, and the adapter rotates and remains flexible in the socket instead of remaining rigid.
It’s not completely unnecessary if you have it in your pocket, so nothing can break off or anything like that.

1 Like

Hey MazeFrame,

Ah, forget to answer in the Gryphon thread, sorry about that. Here the adapter was used on the 4.4mm jack on the Zen DAC. My picture about the “S-balanced” referred to the 3.5mm jack on the xCan.
Don’t think the same circuit applies to the Zen DAC, at least ifi don’t use the term “S-balanced” there.

In the Gryphon thread my picture about the S-balanced was not about that circuit itself but more just to have a drawing example if Sebastian can provide something similar about what connection the Ifi adapter makes. I kind of closed that topic for me that the ifi adapter only uses L+, R+ and “Ground”. The ground then is connected to the “-” of one of the two amp chips for each channel. The second amp chip does nothing

The 3.5mm female is a 4 pole? Like the hifiman 3.5mm balanced with L+, R+,L-, R- (TRRS)? I had one of those, if you plug a 3.5mm 3 pole in it you bridge the negative contacts. For me it was working as long as the music was mostly mono(same voltage on both channel) , when the stereo effect was bigger the amp ran into protection mode due to the bridged negative contacts. Don’t remember what amp I had at that time…

On a balanced circuit, circuit ground does not carry any signal. As such, connecting positive or negative to it would not complete any circuit resulting in no audio.
Knowing that and the fact the iFi adapter only uses “half the amplifier” means it can not be a balanced circuit but has to be a bridged amplifier that is also referenced to ground.

2 Likes