What did you buy today? (Part 2)

I am not sure, but due to the given explanation by ifi’s adapter I can say that is not the case I am afraid. Yeah I think I should have gotten a cable with a 4.4mm plug instead. But oh well, it might have its use at some point, like when there will be a time that a DAP does not contain a 3.5mm jack somehow and only has a 4.4mm jack, that’s where I can use this adapter at least.

I sold my first set earlier in the year to help fund some other wants & desires, promising myself I would get another. So, for the 2nd time now - a new TH909 in the house…

TH909 A 2nd Time

13 Likes

Sounds good. Looks and feels beautiful.

1 Like

Ordered on March 10th but it finally showed up today. I’m not sure if the picture does it any justice but oh my god the blacks…

This is the Alienware AW3423DW 34" Curved QD-OLED Ultrawide

14 Likes

Can’t say I don’t feel the slightest bit jealous, but there are other things I’d like to upgrade first. Hate to say it, but the colors look nicer on my 24" 1080p monitor then my TV… Doesn’t stop me from doing a little bed gaming on the TV every now and then when it’s just nicer to sit back with a controller (some games are simply better on a controller, eg fighting and racing games. No money for a sim set up).
CPU and GPU need to come first though.

1 Like

My Centrance Hifi m8 v2 came on Saturday! The upgrade over my Hiby R5 is quite noticeable

6 Likes

Appropriate username!

1 Like

Centrence dac amps usually have much power for their size but I just checked measurements and it only has 280mW in 33 Ohm which is kinda disappointing

I was doing SO good at downsizing…
But I really got an excellent deal! :laughing:

15 Likes

Been a long month wait for these, Timeless and S12 will be on the sidelines for a bit…

11 Likes

Not sure where you got that measurement from. It has power on spades. There are 8 mono amps powering each different headphone jack. They all have different ratings o mW into 32 ohms

Amir measured this DAC AMP a while ago

Could be as simple as being starved for current when running into low impedances.
Ideally, power would be measured into various loads from 16Ω to 600Ω to get a power curve.

1 Like

Well, I didn’t try this unit but I would personally rather go wtih an ifi amp in that price range. Looks better and has more power

1 Like

In regards to looks I get that. They went for the professional mixer look. That’s the whole idea of the LED vue meter and black asthetic. However, it does something to the music I can’t describe. I just keep listening to my music. Everything is better.
I’ve been running it in Low gain. My Audeze Sine closed back require a ton of power (specs again don’t tell the whole story) and the Centrance power them effortlessly.

1 Like

Any thoughts on how this tube amp sounds?

Got the job I applied for last week so I thought I’d celebrate and surprise my son, no more 1080p in the house…

17 Likes

Happy Birthday to me ! Part 2

11 Likes

Happy pre-birthday to me

11 Likes

Looks like a Kennerton. What model?