What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Giving the xDuoo Link2 Bal dongle a go.

9 Likes

Khan has landed

3 Likes

Balanced Cable from Hart audio arrived today.
Quality is excellent and I love the looks :heart_eyes:
Colour scheme Bumblebee :honeybee:

15 Likes

I need to stop looking at the clearance aisles…

4 Likes

Hakugei strikes again!

The stock cable on my beloved Dark Magician was shorting on the left side unfortunately - cutting in and out. Sad times, I love this cable - but fate was on my side. The Hakugei Lucky Voice was on sale, basically half off so I couldn’t resist.

Stellar cable for the money. Even at the full price of $55 I would say it’s a fantastic cable. If you’re a fan of thick, soft, plush fabric cables, give it a shot :handshake:

12 Likes

If I did anything to blow the DM cable out, that’s my bad! (literally all I did was 2 exchanges to cable roll but still!). Im glad you have a ready replacement though

I definitely don’t think it was you, man! Don’t sweat it - the DMs are a small batch, DIY set so I don’t doubt QC on some of the components would fail eventually. It all worked out, don’t go blaming your self!

Finally :bangbang:

13 Likes

Ohhh very very cool - any early impressions yet?

Good news my 3 are almost here , you can buy it in orange as well and the flat 2 pin is very sweet. Modular also a option I pays $20 more.

5 Likes

That particular orange one pictured looks like it has preformed ear hooks - is it the lucky voice as well?

Yes it is you can ask for earhooks no charge

Interesting - thanks for that piece of info, I had no idea. I like the No ear hooks for now but for the future, I’ll give em a shot with the ear hooks!

1 Like

The Trifecta are under no circumstances comparable to “normal” high-quality in-ears.

I have personally never heard such a full and massive sound from any other in-ear.

This takes some getting used to at the beginning, as a powerful air vibration, a gigantic sound wave, so to speak, has a direct effect on your auditory canal.
You get the full sonic influence of high-quality closed over-ear headphones, “flushed” directly into your ear.
After a short period of getting used to, this is a fascinating and unquestionably powerful sound experience, which is absolutely addictive.

I have yet to experience a better three-dimensional layout and more precise imaging of a sonic performance and stage presence.

The dynamics and precision of the bass presentation is phenomenal for an in-ear.

With the Trifecta, CA has an in-ear on the market that has absolutely unique selling points in many respects, and this in a very, very positive sense. :100:

10 Likes

Wow!

I was not expecting such a remarkable initial impression. Very well written - I look forward to your long term words!

I bought a couple pairs of earpads from Dekoni. Stupid expensive landed in Canada. :frowning_face:

So far I am using my Fenestrated Grado pads on my Hemps and am enjoying them. Today, I am using the RebelAmp.

I also bought fenestrated sheepskins for my Focal Clears.

7 Likes

It took its time but now i got one. PS5 with drive.
Maybe now i will get the 4K chain fully working. No upscaling and all of that… tomorrow install and need to make small HT changes.
Second control also… bad habit of use. One per year rate.

6 Likes

Picked up the Beyerdynamic DT770 pros + black earpads for $139 on the Beyer north america website…

First impressions - enjoying them! Thumpy but not muddled bass - a bit of sparkle in the treble… a bit bright up top but not too much imho… nice closed back, crisp vocals and decent resolution, energy and detail especially at this price point, havent heard any sibilance yet… Some separation, the stage is not huge but not bad for a closed back… Vocals sound rich and full…

I am EQing just a bit… lower the treble a little

I like them!

11 Likes

Briefly about the scope of delivery of the Trifecta.

It is delivered in a foldable wooden box:

The in-ears are in a magnetically lockable leather case and the usual protective bag:

In addition, another storage bag with the two additional cables 2.5 & 4.4mm:

A small box with silicon & foam tips & CA Pin & Cleaner,
another box with the famous ball tickeler, and some certificates.

Uuuhhhhhh :smiling_face:

All in all quite extensive. (Far better than Empire Ears)

———————————————————

As for the size and weight of the earbud, I can reassure you, compared to Empire Ears’ flagships the Trifecta is a Mini Cooper.

I once held some of the common and well-known in-ears against it and I think you can already see that the Trifecta is in a relatively normal range in terms of size.

In terms of weight, both the OH10 and Solaris are marginally heavier, with the Trifecta weighing about on par with the rest of the field.

———————————————————

In the meantime I would say that I have become a big fan of Campfire Audio and have a small but fine collection of their products.

Unlike a well-known and revered Asian in-ear guru whose holy grail is the headphone drive is this darling:

as he believes the sound of an in-ear or headphone cannot be improved or “saved” or „fixed“ by DAC or amp influence…………

I have a different opinion on that.

For the entire CA portfolio I use mainly either the Chord Mojo2 or the Questyle M15 depending on the model and I am absolutely satisfied with it.

13 Likes

Off topic but very interesting. I didn’t know about the Universal Postal Union.

5 Likes