What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Nice set! Got this AKG K553 mk2 on here from JAnonymous, first listen but I am impressed…The K553 mk2 is really nice closed back! Its detailed and well extended, mostly neutral, has a good soundstage for a closeback, nice separation, good energy!

The design comfort - it feels really well built, super clean and simple, minimalist, nice fit, large cups… quite a premium feel… Its really comfortable

11 Likes

I’ve got the K550 Mk3. Still really enjoy them.

3 Likes

Not really audio… again.
But a new internet connection and 5G modem.

The apartment i live has cable connection but for the last +6 months… its been acting weird and not reliable. Operators, electrician and building management just cannot fix it… and i have been patient and waited that it would work again like it has been for like 7 years… but no.
So out with the old and in with new.

7 Likes

I finally subscribed to F1TV. Went to my first race at the 1977 Long Beach GP and been a fan ever since. Watching the preseason testing in Bahrain, which can be interesting at times. Couldn’t get the app on my Fire Cube 4k to work, but I was able to cast the stream from my iPhone to my HT rig. I have requested help from their customer service… Even so, Impressive picture quality and far better than anything I’ve seen broadcast traditionally. See how it goes once the season starts.

3 Likes

I used to love watching F1. It’s just too boring nowadays. The racing is terrible and I don’t care for the direction the cars are going in. MotoGP gets my attention these days, with World Superbike a very close second.

1 Like

Have to agree. Indy style ovals fine…road courses not so much, lol.
Just to keep with the thread…bought a dB meter. Nice piece of mind and some interesting discoveries around the house!

I agree about the technical direction they are going. It’s necessary for factory participation however. I almost gave it up a couple years ago, but regulations have been changed and the on track action has improved. They can actually make a true racing pass now.
If the FIA continues down the full E-Prix route for F1 I won’t watch. Leave that for the prototypes. Exhaust notes matter!

A classic example of that was last season or the season before when Fernando Alonso took out one the older cars for a few hot laps. The entire paddock just stopped what they were doing and watched with much glee as that beast just tore up the track. Needless to say, the fans went wild.

I am with you, if they try and make the move to full electric, they will lose the sport. No one will watch. Formula E is absolutely unwatchable now as it is. The TT Zero race has been scrubbed from 2021 because it was such a joke. Rant over.

I did receive my Audiophile Ninja cable the other day. It’s wonderful. Looks great and sounds incredible. I would buy another with no hesitation.

5 Likes

Decided to try this alternative to yaxi pads on this kph40x: Voarmaks 2 Pairs Luxurious Ear Pads Foam Cushion Compatible with Koss Porta Pro PP KSC35 KSC75 KSC55 Headphone https://a.co/d/baWHy6F

I am liking these pads - it comes with 2 sets, they are soft, added size and padding seems to make the sound a touch darker, thick and a touch more bass, take a bit off the highs, but still sounds full… They are definitely more comfortable than the stock foam, larger diameter spreads surface area but have the very light clamp, these still feel essentially weighless and open, maybe slightly narrower stage than with original pads.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Got mine in today. Very nice build quality.

10 Likes

Nice, let us know how you like it. I also have a friend that is interested in getting one to add to his Schiit stack.

2 Likes

Because what even is self-control when there’s a 50% off deal?

3 Likes

Just got them open and in my ears. Very open sounding. In some ways. Did not get into changing the filters yet, just working out of the box. They seem open, but when I focus on “space” they are not really offering that. May be boosted upper eq. Not sure, too soon. I like them but there are so many available at this price right now it’s hard to say any one is the best.

5 Likes

One thing I will complain about, the packaging was so tight I literally had to poke a hole into one of the internal boxes to fish it out of the outer box.

1 Like

This is a pet peeve of mine as well. I hate overly tight packaging. I don’t want to have to work hard or be destructive to retrieve my items from the box. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I received mine also for my Atrium’s…I forgot to post the pics, I can do that after work…The build quality is really good…They also look and sound great…I would not hesitate to order from them again.

2 Likes

New lower-density foams to try on my earbuds to get more uppers energy through on the darker/less clear ones

And…

NiceHCK SilverCat. This feels like a really fucking meaty cable. Robust is the word that comes to mind. If you know that feeling of a thick gold rope chain, it feels like that

10 Likes

Axel Grell’s masterpiece. Easily the single most expensive piece of audio gear I’ve ever purchased, 100% worth it.

20 Likes

@Eric_Rosenfield Congratulations! Please PM me after you’ve had for a week or so, regarding your thoughts on it for classical, jazz, and vocals. Particularly interested in timbre. I’ts been on my “perhaps” list for a long time! Thanks.

1 Like