What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Mine as well. I’m looking for one last planar and one last dynamic to add to the collection. I have to admit that I am not really a fan of the aesthetic of the HD800 S, but I keep hearing really good things, so that keeps my interest level up.

@Eric_Rosenfield Congrats, man! I hope they deliver the goods for you. Would love to hear your thoughts on them as well.

2 Likes

Do you have or have you looked at the HiFiman HE6se V2’s. Amazing cans with the right amp. Have gone as low as $399.00 and used to regularly be found at $499.00. I paid $599.00 and have no hard feelings.

1 Like

I have. For whatever reason I completely forgot about them. I am concerned though that based on what I have read the amps I have aren’t the best choice for those headphones. Well, the 2808 in the bedroom will drive them easily. The desktop amps perhaps not so much.

1 Like

Are those the Trig Rain “pot scrubbers” I see? NGL, I use these on a pair of my buds that won’t sit right without reasonably thick foams, but sound terrible with full foams, thicker donuts, and silicone rings. These little guys saved my buds from getting sold.

Denefrips Pontus ii and Hermes DDC to feed my Stax.

5 Likes

A couple of non-audio items. New gaming chair for my home PC, and a new TV for the bedroom. Had a very old cheap TV, now a new, larger, cheap TV.

Picked up a FiiO Q7 to compare with the iFi gryphon. Also built a new desktop system with a Bifrost 2/64 , Lokius eq, and a Modius amp. This would replace my SMSL M500 Mkiii for my main stack.

6 Likes

Cool :+1: what sets ya gonna drive?

In addition to an assortment of iems and buds , ive got the Beyerdynamic 990 at 250 ohms, Dan Clark Aeon 2 Noire, Focal Clear, Sennheiser 6xx, and HiFiMan he1000 v2. Im always open for other suggestions too!

2 Likes

Getting my 4 year old involved for $7 - got the last pair!

Finding an old nano or shuffle to put some tracks on for her now.

They have a volume limit, and look comfier than some of the other random brands.

8 Likes

Picked this up to limit battery drain on my V30 (handy switch to stop it charging off the phone)

6 Likes

Tanchjim ZERO
Buying it because i already have 3 pairs of IEM. Oh and the waifu too.

2 Likes

Good for you! :ok_hand:

1 Like

Two reasons. I’m old and didn’t get to see them live when Gabriel was fronting. And I did see them on the 80s “Mama” tour and need my fix.

9 Likes

I kept forgetting to post these…Audiophile Ninja Cables for my Atrium’s…I definitely recommend this company for anyone looking for a quality cable at an affordable price.

15 Likes

Really like the comfort of the ZMF Ori pads on my hifimans, so decided to try ZMF pads for my HD800s, ordered both the suedes and the lambskin… Going to try these suedes first… Havent spent much time on them yet but comfort wise, they are really super comfortable, feel alot softer than the stock

6 Likes

I keep hearing great things about these ZMF pads, so I am going to try a set. I was considering trading my Senn 660S for the 660S2, but after spending a great Sunday morning with them, I am keeping the ones I have. Instead, I am going to try a set of ZMF Lambskin Perfs.

I think this is just what they need.

3 Likes

You may also want to look at the BE2 Hybrid perforated pads…They have become my personal favorite.

1 Like

Packaging: state of the art!

Appearance: Extremely good!

Sound: With the Questyle M15 and wide bore tips from TCM, great!

8 Likes

OTG 0.7m cable

4 Likes