What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Got lucky and was able to pick up a Linear Tube Audio MZ3 that came up for sale on the used market. Saved me a fair bit of money since I was going to buy one new.

11 Likes

It got into my local area a few hours too late to go out for delivery today, it’ll have to wait until Monday now and my evenings are a write-off since a new season of coaching started :cry: Small issue but I could really have used a pick-me-up this weekend with how work is going.

Quality Piece right there :pinched_fingers:

Congratz n Enjoy!

I’m going to…once it makes it’s way to me. You know where it’s going first. :rofl:

1 Like

Got a deal on a Hiby R6 Gen3

9 Likes

Love the design of this thing, so sleek. Enjoy, brother!

1 Like

looks wise yeah, size and feel wise though compared to his little brother R5 Saber though… he chonk :joy:

2 Likes

Wish they would have kept the gold power knob. Anyone know it you can get one separately?

I‘ve got the sniffles, so seeing as:

• Any sick days I don’t use at this job will vaporize
  • The EST50 will arrive at my house during the late morning tomorrow…

Daddy’s making some simple sub plans for Monday :clap:

8 Likes

Feel better soon, dude!

2 Likes

Nothing like a sick day from work, man. Absolutely enjoy your time off and enjoy those 50s :sunglasses: feel better, brother :handshake:

2 Likes

Picked up a used , mint condition Kennerton LSA HP-2 Ultra off of Reverb. I’m so excited!

12 Likes

Erm so if it’s not a scam I’ve just bought a set of Argon MKIII from a bloke in Saudi Arabia. Sounds promising doesn’t it?

I haven’t had the best of luck with HP before, I knew if I was going to get involved it would have to be a closed back set, and a fantastic one at that.

We’ll see what happens, it’s PayPal protected, worst case scenario is a dull refund process after a sufficient period of ghosting.

4 Likes

Same here only in black. The Green case on Hiby site looks killers and $14 but the nicer brown leather one is $70?

How’s your first impressions?

They really are nice. I used to call them my closed back Grado’s. Tons of detail.

2 Likes

Seems to be a solid upgrade from the R5 (which msrp wise being double the price makes sense)
Going to try to do some A/B later but seems to bring out better dynamics and the class A brings some life to the music

Seeing if these can replace my daily drivers (Moondrop Starfields), only listened for about 30 min or so, but so far pretty happy

8 Likes

KZ LinLong :+1:

Summary

Admittedly, these are nothing incredibly special,
especially when considering the other things I’ve got but honestly, the KZ LinLong (I thought it was LingLong for the longest time …) is actually pretty damn decent for the $14 I paid for them. The Etymotic like tuning & semi open design caught my eye as being something different from KZ and I don’t think these disappoint for the price tag at all. The bullet style is very comfortable, the small case that is included is actually really nice and surprisingly the included tips are pretty great. They’re not the typical star tips like other KZs, they’re translucent and definitely thicker from memory. The semi-open design is also not a gimmick, I can confirm. These sound open and fairly spacious for what they are. They can come across as peaky and harsh in the consonants region though. Fitting them deeper seems to have helped that a little so finding the right tips is essential.

4 Likes

Used VE Super Nova with enough room in the price to get perforated pads to try with them

Ordered an open box HE5 direct from Hifiman for $199 on their website. This is one of the round cup lineup I haven’t heard before so it’ll be cool to finally get some ears on it.

Now to order another pair of hex grills…

Edit: It looks like I got my order in just in time. I ordered at what would be 2AM Pacific Standard Time and they’re already listed as being out of stock now.

4 Likes