What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Somehow it doesnt fit at all :scream_cat:

Yeap! That’s exactly it. They can’t clean up a clean signal as much. There’s gains to be had for going I2S though. Not as much but still some.

1 Like

So twisted, that it is genius…

1 Like

Can you guy’s take this pussy ass conversation to PM? I’m trying to talk here.

5 Likes

It is a “what did you buy today” thread after all?..

:thinking: could take that to PM?..thread?..just saying.

1 Like

good stuff! looking forward to hearing more of what you have to say about it!

1 Like

Sir Yes Sir. But I’m not a moderator who should know better. I’m just a lowly forum member that doesn’t even visit Z’s channel often any more Sir.

No yes Sir here, it’s 24/7 audio party everyone’s welcome to their… “what did you buy today” post :+1: :rofl:

1 Like

HFG mods have more fun.

1 Like

Mod’s be like off topic post :grimacing: ha ha ha.

This is equivalent to ohm sounding the fog horn passing through when DB settles in to some relaxing smooth jazz in the fancy listening chair. :raising_hand_man::passenger_ship::loudspeaker::headphones:

OOoooo…HFG mods have jobs…and ya loads’a fun :+1:

LOL!! LMAO. That is an interesting view for sure!

1 Like

That Telefunken looks like this dude’s recent E188CC haul on Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/liquid-platinum-tube-rollers.898852/post-16282274

Still it is hard to tell from just one pic. The dude at Head-fi unfortunately found out that his Telefunken’s were likely faked Mullards :frowning:

Then again, if your ECC82 has a “raised” diamond logo on the glass underside of its base, then that goes a long way in proving it is real. Be aware that people have faked the diamond logo via laser etching at the same area too, the difference being that the fake logo is etched into the glass whereas the real ones have logos that are raised from the glass.

Here’s a pic of supposed real ones from tubemaze.info:

6 Likes

Got a used Blon B8

Needs a new cable, new earpads, has some minor scratches on the metal, but i really can’t complain, it was way cheaper than buying a new Sivga branded one.

6 Likes

OK, here’s a thing I actually bought:

43 Likes

Picked Unicomp’s “New Model M” keyboard. This is basically the first modern Model M that has decent quality. The switch resistance is noticeably greater compared to cherry MX blue switches. The key travel feels a bit short as well. But that might be my imagination. So first impressions are mixed. But I hoping it just needs some getting used to.
Right now, Razer’s OG Black Window (green) switches are probably still my favorite switch type.

13 Likes

Didn’t get around to try it before tonight… the Flirc was easy to install, and now my integrated amp remote works as media buttons where i need them (spotify and foobar2000)… nice for when you want to sit back and just listen to the music and want to skip a song without reaching for the keyboard :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Proof that HFG mods have more fun.

Here is my addition to the thread detailing the evidence of our group addiction.

Guys… I found my Mojo.

And it came with a sweet leather case.

21 Likes