What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Since I said I would, it seems like I should post an update!

So from what I can tell, by far most of the noise was being caused by a ground loop, so using either the iDefender by itself or the iGalvanic by itself fixes the vast majority of the issue. I’m currently running them both because, why not?

It probably makes a bit more sense to get an actual DDC with some nice clocks and stuff down the line, and I was recently recommended a Singxer SU-2 or SU-6, so I’m looking into it! But for now, the USB noise is mostly fixed.

9 Likes

Here or Listening To Tonight…

Hello,
You could have got away with the Matrix Audio element H if you use the PC, and it harmonises very well with the Su2, just like everything else.

2 Likes

Initial impressions, meh. IPhone dongle seems very close. Only used it with the SA6 tho.

5 Likes

Try the Sound Settings change by the Eq presents,maybe is the wrong preset activate.:wink:

1 Like

Bought it used with no box so didn’t know about a app or anything. I’ll look into it.
Thanks!

No need for an app.
Go to Settings,Music and then Eq on your Phone.There are different presets where you can adjust the sound across the board.
This also works if you are streaming with streaming provider XY.:wink:
I find Loudness is very good for all,personally.

1 Like

Ah gotcha. I was thinking I’ve never heard of these having eq lol

1 Like

iPhone dongle is just too good for the price!

3 Likes

Woohoo! After a few months of waiting, I finally got my graphite plate 6080 for the Crack. From what I’m told, the Chatham is essentially the same as the rarer Bendix version.

Kinda surprised no one else bid on it.

11 Likes

That it is… shoulda saved my money lol

1 Like

Dipping my toes into the dap/iem world a bit.

Cayin N3 Pro, I don’t have much to say so far beyond, the software side being very basic it does have good sound quality so far. The tubes are not a gimmick which is great.

Also have a bunch of GS Audio Stuff that just got shipped notification on GD3A, ST6A , ST6B, ST8B, and ST10. So I will probably be dropping impressions in Rikudou_Goku 's thread or a dedicated one in 2-3 weeks. This seemed like a good way to blow my bonus and scratch off winnings.

14 Likes

To spice up the experience with the Kuba Disco, i also ordered an AKG K361, since it costs around the same price and the community loves it about as much as the Disco.

Super curious to see which one i like best!

4 Likes

I knew it wouldn’t take long to make the move! I have been enjoying this TA-20 amp very much so I figured it was time to start experiencing the joy of tube rolling! I will start with these little beauties

These are new Genalex 12AU7 preamp tubes, and they are a matched set. I am kind of excited to try them. As @ShaneD mentioned previously I am not really sure just how much of a difference these will make, but I am eager to find out! I’m not setting the bar too high, but we will see! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

My last day here in Fredericksburg, so I figured I’d grab some peaches. Ended up finding a farmer’s market set up by a local orchard.

I also grabbed a thing of local honey.

21 Likes

Lush…enjoy :yum::+1:

2 Likes

Those peaches look very good. My Wife has been trying to find a good peach and there are none to be had out here on the left coast. Every peach she has tried has been pretty much crap. So enjoy those, Sir! I hope they are great. Happy Friday to you and to all.

2 Likes

Interested to read your thoughts. You already seem to like it more than I did, so you are ahead of the game. :grin:

1 Like

Copy that, @ShaneD . Will definitely keep you posted.

Have to get rid of/pack up my listening room. Had to condense to bedside…the partner noted it’s growing…but they’re so dark ( color) and beautiful couldn’t pass em up. Hard to even capture grain with camera.

Aeolus in Blackwood just arrived.

30 Likes