What did you buy today? (Part 2)

Dope…:100: % :+1:

I tried donut nectarines for the first time this past week and they are more similar to peaches than nectarines. Very good and recommend to anyone if they come across them.

1 Like

WOW! So handsome. Any chance to get some close-ups of the wood grain? I already have an Aeolus but man, I’m a total sucker for dark grain wood. You’re makin me wanna give Zach a call! :slight_smile:

Bought one of those cheap monster light sets for the desk, and a classic.

7 Likes

Just placed an order for an Ares II… sigh…

12 Likes

I think they are nice tubes

1 Like

I have both the Aeolus and the VC. Will be curious to hear your impressions. I love both but I listen to my Aeolus more often. I just love that headphone.

1 Like

HI Raptor168
Tube rolling is lots of fun but can be hard on your tube sockets if not done smoothly. Especially if the sockets are part of the PC board and not the preferred chassis mounted tube sockets. Rocking the tubes in and out frequently is hard on the boards traces and solder joints…

Little worried when I saw the box… Looks like it went through some serious schiit :woozy_face:

24 Likes

Thanks for the response. Funny, I hadn’t really thought of that. But it makes perfect sense. I am projecting only a few cycles and then I will stop. The plan is that I’m betting the incoming tubes will sound even better than the stock tubes, and I will just stow them away as spares. Maybe a set of RCAs as well; I hear they are very good as well.

I’m gonna see if there is a particular technique for working with tubes. I certainly want to be as gentle as possible. Thanks again for the input.

Stepped up to a big boi DAC…

I’m really happy I could find the AKM version of the D90.

11 Likes

I’ve had one of each ZMF can now and can easily say top three are 2x Verites and Aeolus…it’s a great chill listening can for sure. Haven’t had time yet but curious to see how super hardwood affects sound…last pair was Sapelle and have a stabilized version in States that I’ll grab next time I’m there to compare.

2 Likes

Good choice, it is so unique for the price, that you won’t regret it. And it is one of the more easy selling Dac’s, if you decide for that.

Congrats!

2 Likes

Three days ago actually, but I finally bought a new computer.
Everything seems so fast now! :laughing:

19 Likes

Ahhhhhh!!! Computer on carpet!!!

5 Likes

Shit man that’s just missing a logo on the grill lol :metal:

9 Likes

I usually just get a local guy to build a computer. Take a nice box, fill it with good components and done. :grin:

2 Likes

You are correct. Since my new table a few months ago, it has been on the carpet. New CPU stand ordered today.

3 Likes

A new fuel cap for the vette.
Something weird going on with the current ones locking click click thing… going from not locking to locking in several tries.
Also new Hybrid type wiper blades. Think they never been changes.

2 Likes

Tube wipe up and SS down :man_shrugging:

2 Likes