What did you buy today? (Part 1)

ima have to try the alpha pads. your not the first to say that.

You bought all three of them for less than €1000? What the hell man, congrats. That’s some insane value as the Elegia alone are €1000 here in Sweden.

1 Like

Focal sure does things with a certain visual flair. That combination of colours is just outstanding in my eyes. Do want. I fear I will have to make a trip to the local retailer to give them a demo when they arrive later in March.

Maybe they’ll let me borrow and review them like they did the Elegia :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks, my pile isn’t too schitty yet. You’ve got a big ol pile of schiit!

7 Likes

Is that the new Clear? Bifrost 2 next!

2 Likes

Elac B5s. They’re now sold as Elac Debut Primas or “DBP5s”… and still on sale for 200$CAD on amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/-/fr/Debut-Prima-DBP5B-denceintes-détagère/dp/B084T6HD7G/ref=pd_lpo_23_t_0/145-0776982-5008904?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B084T6HD7G&pd_rd_r=b7c52b6c-8106-4e72-8469-848acc4640d3&pd_rd_w=kqltt&pd_rd_wg=GQbJ2&pf_rd_p=76d05b53-3ce3-4aa0-b17a-d40d7056440a&pf_rd_r=60WQATC7ZNWDXW5MJM6S&psc=1&refRID=60WQATC7ZNWDXW5MJM6S

First impression is, they’re the exact polar opposites of my Fluance SX6s. SX6s are “airy”, can be “shouty” if placed incorrectly. With these, I’m like… where’s the treble? They’re really smooth. A/B-ing these with a switch is incredible… Elacs sound like a woofer and a subwoofer only (…and yes, you don’t need a subwoofer with these IMO, which is quite impressive), SX6s basically just sound like a tweeter. :woozy_face: :exclamation:

Oh, also bought Stageek stands. Solid piece of metal!

9 Likes

yep, the Clear MG. I was literally looking at it when you replied. lol

1 Like

How do you like them? I love my Elex.

1 Like

I’ve never sold a headphone before, yet I sold my Elex, Elegia and Aiva when I heard the new Clear. It’s ok. :wink:

2 Likes

I got a pair of these for my Klipsch on the office desk, very pleased and really did a good job at putting the speakers more at ear level. Almost did as much difference as swapping out the speakers themselves lol.

What are you powering these with by the way?

PM/DM (what ever, I never know the right term) me on your thoughts. If it’s a big improvement on the Elex, I’d be interested. $1500 is a big pill.

Get them used for sub 1k or even just open box for like 120p

1 Like

Maybe you’ll have to wait a little for better availability. My dealer (in Switzerland) said that they don’t even have a demo unit because everyone who demoed them also bought them directly. Mine was the last pair they had in stock and Focal is struggling to keep up with demand.

With a lot of people posting their Fiio FH3s here, not going to lie I am tempted to buy myself a pair right now just to see how are their sounds and what most everyone claim about those are true.

That’s kinda what I did, they’re not really my thing though unfortunately, I found them a bit boring. They’re better with technicalities compared to my other IEMs, but I prefer my other IEMs for everything else really.

1 Like

I really enjoyed my pair, but ended up getting rid of them.

The two issues I had were: Fit, kinda finicky for me. Didn’t bring me much sparkle past the sub-bass–kinda “impressively” boring sort of way.

I think they’re great to recommend since they do so many things right and really do swing high for their price range. But there’s other IEMs out there that give me more joy–notability, modded Blon 03s.

That said, sticking to this thread, I’ve got Legacy 3s coming in tomorrow. :stuck_out_tongue:

I miss my BLON BL03s, it’s time to get an another pair but this time I am going to get the purple version. I just hope the paint from that version does not chip off like my Starfields. It sucks that my Starfields are beautiful to my eyes but some of the paint chipped off from the right earpiece.

Denafrips ares 2 delivered today to replace smsl m400.

25 Likes

Dunno about the purple Blons–need to order a pair someday. But my silver ones look good as new.

Order some 4mm filters along with them. Easy, cheap, and reversible mod to do. After doing it, it really made me reconsider the FH3s.

Now that’s what I call a speaker cable :grin: Taga harmony platinum 18-16c, 150 euros for a 3m pair

22 Likes