What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I have the clears. Can definitely recommend. However, there are definitely other options in the price range. Unless you’re dead set on the Focal House sound I would definitely check out the Hifiman, ZMF, Audeze, and Dan Clark offferings in the $1500 range.

I do love my clears though…

2 Likes

Plugged my new Porta Pros into the RNHP to check out a few songs last night. 3 hours later I order KSC75s next-day delivery. Triforce complete, lol.

Now I just need to Yaxify these. Pads are already en route.

9 Likes

You bought them from that other review person? The background looks familiar.

1 Like

Yep, got them from Dave of DBS Tech Talk

3 Likes

Just got these nice big tubes.
EML 300B 2.5v solid plates

11 Likes

I bought a couple things today…
The main part of what will be my birthday dinner to me, from me:

Secondly… and this hurt my wallet pretty bad, even with going scratch and dent… :fu: @joshua_g

17 Likes

happy birthday :beers: sweet speakers

1 Like

Happy 25 years in Hell as of Sunday!

4 Likes

Happy birthday! Your worth it :+1:

Now try telling that to my suffering bank account and budget.
Still not sure which amp to go with, though I can’t say I am not considering these:

3 Likes

I have these cables for my speakers, nice quality…

HBD2U!!

New all black bison leather strap from Understated Montreal to go with the carbon fiber upgrade for LCD2C’s.

5 Likes

So that is my long term plan to pick one for each of those brands. I am still new to hobby and dont want to buy all possible gear in one year without spending quality time with each to discover what I really like or dont like. I am probably done with headphones for this year but have Amp on the radar for upgrade.
I am a bit impulsive shopper as I see many in the hobby are, but trying hard to fight it :smiley:

2 Likes

I was able to buy a pair of matched Tungsram EL84 tubes today. They should be here early next week. I’m very happy about this as it will end my search for EL84 tubes for my Tuba.

11 Likes

Baby steps

16 Likes

Man, you are buying a Lot of tubes. What exactly are you trying to change?

1 Like

A couple of the tubes I bought were new production reissued tubes. They don’t sound as good as new old stock (NOS), but it’s nice to have extra tubes in case a set dies.

I like my NOS RCA 7189, NOS Soviet 6P14P-EV and NOS EI EL84 a heck of a lot, but Tungsram EL84 are supposed to be the best you can get (along with NOS Telefunken and NOS Mullard). I got my pair for $80…a matched pair typically goes for double or triple that price, so I couldn’t pass it up.

4 Likes

The New production PSVane are also worth a listen :stuck_out_tongue:
Have a very long burn in time upwards of 100+ hours and I’ve never heard a tube change so much in character over burn in.

1 Like

I experienced that with my Genalex Gold Lion N709/EL84 tubes. They went from sounding decent, to sounding like complete ass, then great. Those took over 100 hours of burn in to sound good as well. Maybe a common thing with new production tubes.

1 Like

I had a couple things come in last week and I finally got around to taking a picture that wasn’t a hot mess. I’ve been too busy to care about organization and placement, I got it to play, so it stays.

Got the Modius and a Sundara in last week. Sundara is fine, Modius- solid for what it is.

20 Likes