What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Various stuff for my DT 770 mini-XLR conversion arrived…

The actual male mini-XLR jack
De-solder Wick
Wire stripper
Thin soldering iron tip
Some backup solder
Torx bits
26 AWG 4-conductor audio cable (might also make a balanced cable for the Sundara with this)

Replacement DT 770 is coming on Monday, will probably break the warranty sometime later next week, after I verify the drivers work correctly :slight_smile:

13 Likes

$420 for a hemp headphone? That can’t be a coincidence!

3 Likes

I hope you can report clear, non-fatiguing treble extension. You know, good highs?

6 Likes

I think that price was on purpose.

1 Like

The price was so on purpose that they say that it is lower than what Grado would have otherwise charged for these. They say these would usually retail for around $500.

So far so good. These are not sibilant to me really at all. I would not recommend these to someone who has a treble sensitivity but they are by no means sharp or fatiguing. The highs are less sharp than the DT-770 250ohm for reference.

Here is the official discusion.
https://forum.hifiguides.com/t/grado-ltd-edition-hemp

2 Likes

Well… June’s box arrived SIGNIFICANTLY faster then May’s… Some decent goodies in this one too.
First, Lucy… Move the fuck aside, cause Shion is in the house!!!

While on the subject on That Time I Got Reincarnated As A Slime, and Rimuru being here, a fabric patch… woooo…

Geting the other disapointment out of the way… Love the show, but not the character as much, and the stand doesn’t let him stand up any straighter then this… Sanji

While on the topic of perverts though, cause you can’t think of this anime and not think of being smothered by… Well… Moving on! Though not before a Boosted Gear

Though I can not deny that one of the longest running series has brought us an incredibly iconic lady who is a mother fully capable of kicking butt and taking names all while turning heads: Android 18

Not pictured is a fabric print of Ryuko (Kill La Kill), a Edelgard button (Fire Emblem: Three Houses), and an acrylic stand of Rem (Re:Zero).

7 Likes

Liquid plat

27 Likes

Would love to hear your thoughts on edition x vs elex on the lp

1 Like

Looks like my Elex, and my LP and my edition x… Hey! wait a minute here!!!.. LOL

5 Likes

18 Likes

New or used? Great price

2 Likes

Used from amazon warehouse :+1:

3 Likes

Stranger Things season 1 and 2 arrived today. Season 3 will be here Wednesday. I love how the bluray boxes are designed to look like VHS tapes from the 80’s…nice touch.

18 Likes

Got these from Wal-Mart for when I excersise. 18 bucks well spent. Really convinient

13 Likes

Heat gun and glass container/jar.
It was in his streams were he ruined them. :slight_smile:

Bought a Muses8920 to add to my little collection of Op amps.

3 Likes

My new Elegias arrived today along with some supplies to make myself a nice cable for them.

26 Likes

Silver and Black is a very sexy combination.

That is one beefy cable. Reminds me of the Sommer Cable Stage22 I made into some rather chunky aux-cables :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a nice one, I’m hoping that I have got the correct cable to make it right.

My portable cable for it should hopefully match pretty nicely

1 Like