What did you buy today? (Part 1)

Imaging and resolution… I think I might jump for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Arrived today, ordered a week ago, fastest free delivery from china ever. So far sounds good with everything I throw at it.

21 Likes

Nice! Those look like GE tubes up front there. Are those stock or did you roll tubes already?

I’m GE JAN’ing already, quick impression they are more refined. The stock drivers sound fun and bassy but kinda metallic treble, I’ll futher test them later. Just rolling the small drivers sound very different.

1 Like

If you just got it today the tubes might just need burn in. But regardless those GE will certainly sound better than the stock generic tubes.

1 Like

Got my Pi2AES. Running coax off of it into my JNOG DAC. At first I just used a 24V power supply to power it (see 2nd image below) but after reading this Hifi Guides post I decided to use my spare ifi iPower 5V to power it instead (see the 3rd image below where the pins are attached to power the device).

Sounds really good :+1:

13 Likes

They must have worked overtime last week. Put this order in just before they went temporarily out of stock. Sherri was super helpful with emails and photos to make sure I got what I wanted. Customer service on point. I was told it would take 2-3 weeks, but was shipped out in their normal time frame and sat at the local FedEx facility over the weekend. Excited to get it set up later tonight. Happy Monday everone.

Money green case with aquarium plates and an extra set of smoked black plates if I want to change it up sometime. Set of new Worlds Best Cables as well.

22 Likes

Bought my first Fender bass, just came in. Its the Fender Mustang Bass, PJ , Maple Fingerboard, in Sienna Sunburst.

24 Likes

Some stuff I have bought or got on loan recently.
Th900 Lawton, Diana phi (loan), he6
Jomo Trinity (loan), jomo quatre (loan), z1r

19 Likes

Do you know what kind of wood is on the Lawtons? It looks like bocote or shedua maybe.

1 Like

going to buy a new DAC soon… should I buy the IFI hipdac or the ifi nano BL… because the hipdac is cheaper and newer and possibly sounds better but the nano can be used even when the battery dead thus running on USB power so that’s very tempting

Wait, you can use the hip dac while it’s charging I presume? Also from at least one review I just looked up it seems you can use the hipdac over USB power when using it with a PC/mac.

2 Likes

Depends on what headphones you are pairing it with. If they are not too power hungry then I prefer the Lotoo Paw S1 to the Hip Dac. I prefer the sound signature of the S1, but also the convenience and form factor. Plus you don’t have to charge it either.

My Hifiman HE400i came in as a bit of a surprise since I got a message that the delivery would be delayed until tomorrow.

I’ve only listened to one song as of yet, but damn Leonard Cohen sounded good just now.

15 Likes

Grabbed a JDS Labs Atom amp to replace the Topping L30 that I got refunded. Now to play the waiting game…

8 Likes

Looks like they got incorrect information

Good catch, didn’t know that. However you could still use it while charging right? So then you would need to basically hook the hip dac up to the PC with two cables, one for the signal and one for charging? I was thinking about getting one when I get back to the office as an on-the-go amp, but if you can’t use it while charging that would be a real bummer.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure you can use it while charging it’s just that’s something that peeves me off personally

I almost bought a dragonfly red because of that but I know though the portability is better and they sound similar (and I don’t have files over 96K beyond streaming mqa), having bass boost and a volume wheel is probably worth it in the end and it’s 50 bucks cheaper

1 Like

This guy showed up yesterday

34 Likes

Yeah it can be used while charging with the two cables plugged in.

1 Like