What did you buy today? (Part 1)

I am getting mine tomorrow! Pretty pumped. :smile:

4 Likes

Actually got this in a few days ago, but better late than never right?

It took just shy of two months from the order date to arrive, and honestly it wasn’t that bad of a wait.

28 Likes

Lol. That’s how it goes! The completely-reasonable-and-correct-no-need-for-further-rationalization justification for both is that MLP isn’t as strong from it’s SE output. The Echo gives you a high-performance SE output. Then you have both!

QED

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just received YR1035 internal resistance meter. Planning to use it to measure my cables.

Edit: Just measured some of my cables and some of it kinda surprised me. Most of the silver cables that I have measured at around 80 to 120 milliohm and then there’s this exotic cable that measured badly. It was advertised as a pure solid silver cable and it measured at 320 milliohm. I really want to return that cable now. Anyway, I really like this internal resistance meter. It’s easy to use and feels robust on my hand. For its price (I paid for $70) and resolution, it’s a worth buy for those who loves to measure.

7 Likes

that took a while, congratulations
IMG_20191031_005500_305

4 Likes

I finally got something to put my stickers on.

New to me 2015 Macbook Pro. I already have a 2016 that is starting to have some some issues and my work was selling these cheap so I decided to scoop one up.

14 Likes

Just be careful about potential battery swelling issues. My 2015 13 inch had this issue. Totally fine after replacing it, but I let the battery stretch the aluminum case a good inch thicker… yikes.

2 Likes

Love my 2015…Be careful though the batteries may swell. If that’s the case spend the money or put forth the effort to replace them sooner rather than later, before they can damage anything in the case. I just had mine replaced and she is purring smooth again. Also, one of the reasons i was getting noise in the system was because of the effects the battery swelling was having on the other components. Congratulations hope she lasts many years! Happy listening.

1 Like

Thanks @Nick_Mimi and @Not_Daijoubu. I am keeping my eyes peeled for signs of battery swelling. The first few machines that came available ended up having battery swelling issues so I passed on them. This was the first one that got a clean bill of health. How easy is the battery replacement if I end up needing one? And where do you recommend sourcing the battery?

I watched many videos on it, nobody gave me a good source and all of them took several hours of weird painstakingly slow work to remove them because they are glued in. I gave the ubreakit folks $157 and i had it back in 3 days working like new…sometimes it’s simply not worth the ass pain…

1 Like

Side note. I just downloaded the trial and started using Swinsian as my FLAC player on the new Mac and I’m really liking it so far. I was just using VOX for a while but I was getting tired of having to drag my files into the app when I wanted to play something. Swinsian seems to have much better library functionality so that’s cool.

After watching a few YouTube videos I replaced my old battery a couple of months ago, got the replacement from Amazon and some glue de-bonder.
Cost about £50 and took this non techie about an hour :+1:
PS the battery came with the screwdrivers needed and I used an old bank card to prize out the old battery.

2 Likes

got these for about 65 dollars, comparing them to the 6xx right now

14 Likes

3rd PS4 controller, in white this time.

I might be bit hard on them… from time to time. lol
Previous two… have some issues. lol

6 Likes

Hifiman Edition X v2…thanks @M0N for recomending these :ok_hand:

29 Likes

mmmm…
Need to try this one.
So far I was on VLC player, Swinsian looks bit better though…

Congratz!
Hex V2 :headphones:

1 Like

Yeah I have a 30 day trial right now so I’ll be using it to see if I want to keep it. Haven’t heard much about it but it seems like a pretty slick program that does everything I need.

Got myself a tiny little amp today, the Ray Samuels “The Raptor” thinking about using it with my btr5 for portability.

Lawton’s for scale

16 Likes

DHL was pretty quick. $320 total… well time to put my headphones to good use. Maybe I should get a CD changer to replace my cheap Toshiba DVD player lol.

14 Likes