What Did You Learn Today (TIL)?

I have learned a ton of tips, tricks, recommendations, and information from these forums the last few months. I just wanted to make a thread that has a nice place to read about what you have learned about today.

This one sounds trivial, but I have to check for it every time I reinstall TIDAL. Make sure you select your DAC and place it in Exclusive Mode so it can do its job without your PC getting in the way.

2 Likes

this is a strange one, but based on the amounts of comments i learned that the 58x is more popular than the 4xx. which is frankly slightly surprising, mostly because the 4xx have a sound signature that i feel would be really popular (altho…as someone who owns both and prefer the 58x considerably more i get it ha)

1 Like

Learned that planars need proper power to function properly.

I powerd my ifi zen dac with my phone for a few weeks and when i plugged back in and it sounds better. I also started to realise that there is a sweet spot volume for my He400i 2020 where every thing will be presented properly, anything lower that that lacks alot of things and it will sounds bad.

Damn I just learned about roadie wrap from Super* Review’s live stream. Should’ve known about this sooner. I would even say this wrap is life changing lol

I learned that dolby atmos music on Tidal is enjoyable.

Thanks to @Ahobaka I learned about the existence of Harmony Design:

That’s one of the things about this hobby. There are so many little mom 'n pop type brands that you could learn a new one everyday for ???

1 Like

TIL that I still haven’t learned how Ali Express works. Just paid twice for connectors I ordered 2 weeks ago. Seriously, what is the deal with their store? You order something, pay for it, then 2 weeks go by with it sitting at “Shipment accepted by airline” only for it to declare the order “unpaid”.

I know they do this thing where they don’t release the payment until the product ships, I thought I was just confirming the payment to release the order. :man_shrugging:

Ha, cracked another one today: Hiby Music

So it’s actually Hai Bei (like “hi bay” or “hi bae” lol) = Seashell Music. And look at their logo. Of course it is. Seashell Music. :smiley: