What did you NOT buy today?

I had this problem as well. Ordered a Modius/Magnius stack end of January with ETAs of February 10th IIRC for the Modius and February 19th for the Magnius. Get past the 10th and the order status is Magnius backordered until the 19th. Get past the 19th and back order changes to end of February, get to end of February and backorder changes to early March, get to early March and backorder changes to March 31st. March 30th I finally get an email from Schiit (first one they’ve sent to me without contacting them) telling me the Magnius is delayed to April 26th.

At this point I asked them what the ETA would be if I upgraded the Magnius to a Jot2. They tell me the Jot2 will ship in 7-13 days, but the Modius is on backorder until the 22nd. Subsequently I found out that others on the forum had ordered Modius/Jot2 stacks as late as a month after I ordered my stack and had already received their orders. Which means that instead of allocating stock to standing orders they’re allocating stock to orders that can be fulfilled immediately, which is a great way to allow orders to slip through the cracks and go unfulfilled way longer than they should and a crappy way to treat your customers.

3 Likes

Focal Elegia! That 400 price tag is so tempting though! I want more dynamics so I will save my coins for the higher end models I guess… My A2C and Basscades kept me from the purchase.

Also, What am I thinking?! I wanted the Hemps now that I think about it… Damn I need some self control… lol

4 Likes

Dude, this way doesn’t count as you had nothing to do with it! lol

Money was not spent, so I’m counting it!

3 Likes

Yup, my “good deal brain” almost urged me into this, which I absolutely do not need in any conceivable way.

Today I did not buy the GL1200. I’ve been in a good place of not dying for gear.
Perhaps that means I have enough?

2 Likes

If I put them in either of my living rooms my 4 year old and 10 month old daughter fug up that beautiful finish. My only other option would be to throw them in my listening room. (Spare basement bedroom). Which would be a sacrilege.

1 Like

I’ve added and removed this from my cart multiple times this week:

9 Likes

I have a wood fired pizza oven, they are a commitment to cook in. And require a degree of skill to use well.
I’ve been looking at the gas powered ovens that get hot enough for Neapolitan.

2 Likes

I’m too lazy to want to deal with the upkeep of using wood all the time, so these dual fuel models appeal to me. I just don’t know that I’d use it for anything other than bread and pizza and not sure I can justify it when I have good means to cook both as is. If I didn’t already have a bunch of outdoor cooking options, I think this would be harder for me to resist

edit: The ability to be able to move around a wood burning oven is the biggest appeal of this thing to me. I’ve never built one because I hate the idea of the permanence of it

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

no matter how lonely i get i’ll never buy a sex toy

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting that :slight_smile:

Maybe it had something to do with the deleted post above it.

3 Likes

No I posted a turntable that I’m dying to buy but remembered there are no vinyl people here… hence deleted it and moved the post vinyl engine.

I listen to vinyl as well as digital.

I’m careful what to say as I don’t want to start a discussion about the merits of either. :slight_smile:

I mean i hear that Sony makes some pretty soft ear pads…:cowboy_hat_face:

Saw a ps5 today… lol yeah not buying it :joy:

I didn’t buy the house they renovated across the street because they want $1.1m for it. But they used Astroturf to cover the upper deck, and no house worth $1.1m should have any Astroturf.

1 Like

Yah their CS is shit. I was so burnt up, literally, after my magni 3 overheated that I stopped buying their products. It’s cool, lots of companies want my money.

1 Like

I did not buy into Google’s Shit. They can go FLoC themselves (see what I did there? LOL!!) Chrome is off my computer for good. I haven’t used Chrome in quite a while anyway. Good riddance.

5 Likes

I mean have you ever soon chrome burn up to the point of melting op amps and potentially killing the attached headphones?