What did you NOT buy today?

Always wanted to buy the Sony WM1Z, but that clunky and slow UI is always the deal breaker for me. Please release a new 1Z Sony!!!

Did Not buy a Valhalla 2. Was curious, but went a different way.

1 Like

What the valkyries lead you to where?

2 Likes

A really different way. As in I bought these instead:

:laughing:

14 Likes

The Valhalla 2 isn’t particularly tubey, just a bit more than the Vali 2+ so you probably won’t regret

1 Like

I think I have had more than enough of “kinda tubey” or “somewhat tubey”. I am tickled with my LD MKIII and will hunt some more tubes down for it. I don’t find the LP very tubey, but I Love the sound.

I think I am set with this three-pack for quite a while. :+1:

Yeah, you could go for something like Bottlehead Crack Speedball or Eddie Current ZDT Jr

I did look at those, especially the BHC, but decided enough was enough on the tube front.

1 Like

Been tempted to get on of these babies for a LONG time. They’re at a great price here, around $450 for the pair (which is INSANELY low for Brazil) in a local retailer. Maybe in a couple of months, if this keeps.

Also tempted by this for entering Turntable world:

4 Likes

Modi. I keep looking at it, but…

I ended up re-organizing my gear, and now my Hel runs DAC duties for everything.

Hel direct for gaming
Hel => CTH when I feel like listening to my 6XX
Hel => Loki => Magni 3+ when I want that extra base (or I need to help the DT 770 chill.

Honestly at this point I should probably replace the Hel with a Modi, but I like that giant volume pot too much.

3 Likes

I haven’t bought fiio btr5 today.
I was about to pay but then realised I have an earstudio es100 which I use… And I will probably wait until it dies as it’s very good for now.

6 Likes

iFi xCAN.

I don’t understand why they have zero BT controls on a BT DAC/AMP.
Thankfully I realized as I was entering payment info.

1 Like

Erish, soncoz lwhatever, interconnects, hart balanced cables…

I will be creating a thread about going balanced with price brackets and stuff to help me get a better understanding of the options and what my needs are.

Came close to purchasing the new FH5s, but decided to wait for some reviews.

3 Likes

Does cancelling my Tidal subscription count?

I’ve had Tidal ever since it became available and never cared about MQA. Though here lately hearing more and more about all the shady BS that Tidal is doing swapping out their library with MQA, not to mention all of the shady MQA crap itself, I decided enough was enough, and I’m no longer going to waste my money on such a shady service.

9 Likes

I didn’t buy a used GSX-mini because some bastard got it before me.

If you’re the bastard, I hope you enjoy it.

9 Likes

Did not buy

Aeon Closed X (Wanted V Shape, comfort, and isolation.)
ifi Micro Black Label (But I still want it…)
Beyerdynamic t1.2 (Some day… When the price is right.)
Fostex Purplehearts (Wanted more bass but not quality bass…)
Ifi Diablo (Don’t want to pay retail)

:joy: the “lwhatever” should be the new official name!

Yes, make a thread about going balanced and price brackets. Lots of options and wild price differences.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, what?

Are you saying the X00 PH don’t have quality bass (which personally offends me, good sir) or are you saying their bass is too high quality?

2 Likes

Lol oh I meant, the bass would be too high quality for my trash taste for wet sloppy bass. Decided it would be too good and I had to move along… And luckily I found a pair of hemps!

1 Like