What do you have for flashlights?

the one on the phone is not sufficient for what I need…so looking at advice for some options.

I have ordered the Streamlight ProTac 90 right angle (non-X) and the Anker L30 or L40…I forget which one now, but I’d like to have a few more on hand, so seeking suggestions.

Have always a little coast hx5 for work in my pocket to light things up and till now it survives the daily grind like a champ and as a bonus the battery last forever in it :grin:
Of course if you want to use it as a beacon light it’s a bit weak :new_moon_with_face:

1 Like

I keep a Streamlight 88853 in my house. They are powerful and small. I used to use them for tactical shooting eons ago.

I also have a bunch of cheap LED ones scattered around for use in power outages. At $2 per I don’t mind if t the grandkids run off with them.

2 Likes

I have lots of them around the house for various needs. I have a 20 volt DeWalt cordless that never left my tools when I was working. It can light up a room. I still use it on my vehicles. By far my best flashlight is a Fenix PD35. It’s about 5" long very bright plus it’s rechargeable and adjustable.

1 Like

First in quite a while, but I bought 2 last year. Nitecore Tip SE…small, rechargeable, powerful and fun to use. Also a Black Diamond Spot headlamp
which I couldn’t refuse when it went on sale at REI, lol. Really like them both.

2 Likes

Daily Carry is a Nitecore MT06MD, is compact and starts out in lowest brightness, which is great since I do not self-flash-bang on reflective parts in tight spaces.

I also have a LED-Lenser P7, but that is “huge” and only one for hikes or outdoor activities.

3 Likes

I have a couple of the Anker ones as just in cases (bolder and the slimmer one), really good for the price imo

2 Likes

@John_W_Clark bloody hell, in Canada that 6 pack is $40! the freight is from Amazon US is almost as much as they are, so after exchange I’m still looking at about the same :stuck_out_tongue:

@MazeFrame what do you think of the Lenser? the focus lens intrigues me…worth the money or is it more a gimmick in the end?

@CTOXmas thanks for the endorsement of the Anker. funny though, I can’t find them anywhere on Anker or associated brand websites.

@Tmc28 I wondered if Fenix would be represented as they were the big thing / name back when they first started to market themselves. now there are a bazillion clones for a lot less, so they’ve got tight competition now.

@TimpTim44 @MazeFrame I’ve heard of Nightcore, but it wasn’t a barnd in any of the top recommended I reviewed and I read like 10+ lists.

2 Likes

@Marzipan The Nitecore SE got good reviews, but I see you’re doing your own research too. Have fun.

2 Likes

I bought several of the inexpensive options on Amazon. They were okay. I use my Fenix all the time. There was no comparison in quality and brightness. If I remember correctly the battery is the expensive part of the light. I have a Streamlight Lazer on a Glock. It’s nice and bright in a tiny package.

2 Likes

I got the Ankers from amazon Bolder P2 and Bolder LC40 are the versions I have, there are a few other versions as well

1 Like

I got this for my missus to use getting to work, she leaves the barge at 02.00 and usually has 5-10 minute walk to her car and Towpaths are mostly muddy, wet and slippery from autumn on, she’s used it for 4 years now and has never let her down :+1:

PS we use rechargeable batteries with it…

1 Like

Nitecore MT60, I’ve had it for years and it’s never let me down.

1 Like

Really really, i mean really old 5D Maglite with modern LED conversion kit in house (bed room). This might be something like +20 years and still works just fine. Yeet USA!

Olight Seeker 2 (everywhere use, indoor - outdoor etc since 2020)
Olight R40 Seeker (everywhere use, indoor - outdoor etc since 2015)

Olight S1R Baton (car since 2016)

2 Likes

Got one of those too :+1:

3 Likes

Nice! Exactly like mine.
It’s a Beast as for a “flashlight” lol. It’s close to 3lbs / 1.3Kg loaded weight for… showing the “light” to those of need " Maglite flashlights have been known to be used as a ready substitute for a baton"

2 Likes

AKA Police riot baton lol.

3 Likes

The lamp over all is solid.
The Focus-thing is like the screw-adjust on MagLite, except way faster to adjust. Certainly has its uses, although the spot quality varies.
As said, the P7 is certainly not a bad light, just too big to lug about as a daily.

Good advice.

Nitecore has some practical and some less practical lights. For the money, their stuff holds its own pretty well.

I have a Nitecore P30 that is rugged as hell. I unfortunately spend a lot of time in attic’s and crawl spaces for my HVAC job. I charge it once a week and it has never let me down. Long throw and bright enough for sure.

I prefer having my hands free.

This one kicks ass

2 Likes