What do you have for flashlights?

Yep I use a Head Torch mostly too, working on the barge, barrowing stuff down the Towpath in fact life on the boat would be a lot harder without one.

2 Likes

Then i can recommend it even more as it is fully waterproof.

What i also like a lot about it is that it does not use a fixed accu pack but instead uses 1x 18650 battery which is quite cheap and you can always carry a second one with you

1 Like

Done sir as my old non replaceable battery head torch doesn’t hold a charge for long these days and that 18650 battery was deal maker for me…thanks for the rec man :raised_hands: plus it comes with 5 monthly interest free payments :champagne: :grin:

3 Likes

Nice! You Are welcome! Enjoy your new headlamp, it´s amazing! :star_struck:

1 Like

the secret weapon of police world wide!!!

2 Likes

7c2cd3aa-e9c8-4661-8170-769e14f267f4_text
Trading Places has a gif for everything

1 Like

Big Olight fan. Have quite a few of their models. Just got these two.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09LC7JSB4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The Javelot I got simply to look out in my yard at night and its a big yard so a spot is best for distance

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09FNSDPKX?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Grabbed this one just for the formfactor. Looks comfy and is. Great size for a belt and the holster it comes with is perfect. HOWEVER that projector style beam throws absolutely no flood. So its light in that square and nowhere else.

Overall I much prefer a wash of light. I built this back in the day for that purpose.

I owned two of these but the LED fried itself in one of them after a few years. RA-18650 Right Angle Flood Flashlight by Maratac® | CountyComm

So I am buying this version RA-3X PRO 18650 Right Angle Flood Flashlight by Maratac®

6 Likes

Recently we’ve had more coyotes coming near the house, we live on a couple of acres connected to an even larger swath of empty prairie land. Picked this up 2 months ago and have been loving it, the adjustable focus is very useful for pinpointing coyote eyes a thousand or so feet away when out back with my dog: SKNSL 120k Lumen

that just takes me to a search result of cheap 10K+ lumen flashlights…what is the make / model of what you bought?

Amazon links are difficult. Link updated in original comment. It is a cheap, rechargeable 120k lumen SKNSL model.

I’ll be picking up the Fenix HM65R-T 1500 tomoz and I’ll do some first hand shots…we’ve got a great location where we’re moored, wild and foresty like :+1:

1 Like

120K Lumens? buuulshyte, LoL!

Damn fine that torch :+1:

1 Like

I can’t find the video…but there was one in the last year or two of some guy in a lab testing a super mega ultra bulb of some sort. it required so much power they had to have a special line brought in just to test it I believe.

1 Like

maybe good old photonicinduction ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
20000 W Lightbulp
not an LED but still makes a good bit of light :sunny: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Loving the…

Not so much a review but caught this Towpath pic tonight :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Olight Kru represent! I still have my S20 Baton, though I got an S1 Baton for truer EDC-ness after a couple of years. Also got my mom one of those 10y anniversay Olight ION ones that she can just charge on micro USB and not worry about what size battery etc.

I would never switch from Olight unless someone offered a magnetic flat-tail, non-beveled (non-“tacticalshmactical”) model with better locking against accidental activation so I don’t have to keep the cap partially unscrewed as a workaround.

Really neat picture. Interesting lighting, lol!

1 Like

lol not sure what they are but the provided flashlights at my work have a lock that prevents them from turning on because of how bright they are, a little big for ease of use though

1 Like