What do you have on the grill or skillet?

wow, how did you manage to cool the inside and no the outside? lol

Ive been cooking a lot of pork lol. before this whole thing started i was stocked up on pork for some reason. so ive been making pork stews and pork cutlets, posole. I should do some bbq pork too but i dont have any bbq sauce. other than that just been making a lot of sandwiches trying to not go out.

1 Like

I didn’t try to make mine look as nice as the stock photo:

but not bad all things considered. Pozole is incredible, but I learned from dating a latina that using canned hominy is a no. BBQ sauce is pretty easy to make. Brown sugar, ketchup and chili powder get you 80% of the way there if you’re in a bind

4 Likes

i always used canned. i dont even know how to make pozole without the canned lol. i should try it

it adds 3 hours to the process, but it’s worth it. The hominy has a much better texture compared to the mealy texture canned hominy gets when you cook it for a few hours more. It feels like you’re biting into a corn kernal vs the overcooked pasta texture canned hominy can take on

The pink on the ribs is the smoke ring. If you cook them to the point the bone can be pulled out, you hit at least an internal temp of 180, well past well done

1 Like

I’m going to be slow cooking a pork shoulder tomorrow. Probably put it in around 8am and let it do it’s thing all day. Marinade and cook it with some chile and have carnitas for most of the week ha

2 Likes

That’s the best way to do pork shoulder. Let it dictate the cooking time. If you want to try something different, try Puerco Pibil. Its an involved recipe, but Robert Rodriguez used to add these cool cooking videos with his dvd extras. He edits this like an action movie:

1 Like

“not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck. You need to eat for the rest of your life, might as well know how”

3 Likes

That’s the best damned signature line I’ve ever read :rofl: I so wish I could use that on my work e-mail :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Here’s a dinner pic from the other night, panko breaded pork cutlets, smothered in a mushroom marsala sauce and some pirogies :muscle:
Also; this is the best marbled piggy I’ve ever gotten my chubby, grubby little hands on, local boy raises them…Nom, nom, nom goodness…

6 Likes

Damn that meat looks good

1 Like

Made this tonight. It’s a 14 inch cast iron deep dish pizza with chicken sausage, spinach, and a lot of cheese. It’s GREAT.

6 Likes

Looks amazing, good job!
I made carbonara pasta today but I forgot to take a picture :confused:

2 Likes

Now that’s a pizza :+1:

1 Like

Spatchcocked a chicken and made a harissa based sauce/glaze. I’m out of vegetables, so I had to whip up some beans and stuffing from the pantry:

image0 (6)

8 Likes

More oven then grill, but a whole chicken, some rice, and roasted zukeni and carrots

4 Likes

I just realized I forgot to post the recipe.

For the crust, I used half all purpose baking flour and half semalina flour instead of the “pizza flour blend” and used Italian seasoning and garlic powder instead of the “pizza dough flavor” it calls for. I also added some provolone cheese and made the sauce by blending a can of fire roasted tomatoes (14.5oz or 411g) with some Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Also I cooked the sausage first just to be safe.

It was great! The crust was almost like a biscuit and the filling was cheesey and delicious. An idea I had for next time is to get some Mariana sauce to dip the crust in and to maybe put garlic butter on the crust after it bakes.

Hope you all enjoy!

5 Likes

I’m on the east coast, and we get scared of deep dish pizza, but it definitely looks good enough to try. Thank you for sharing the recipe!

4 Likes

dude you gotta try a detroit style pizza. I was typically all about ny style but Detroit style changed my life

2 Likes