What do you use for study music?

I like something that is calm yet upbeat but not loud or intense. I’ve found a bit like this, but it’s usually a solo instrument and I find it to be distracting.

@Marzipan Try looking up “brain music for studying.” A lot is classical, which is proven to be effective, baroque in particular, but there are other genres too. Of course being an audiophile with existing tastes complicates things a bit, lol.

1 Like

I should mention that I use Spottily Premium and YouTube Premium, if that helps with existing playlists you know of or have used. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try Hernan Cattaneo’s free mixes at Mixcloud: Mixcloud

Cattaneo is the best deep house DJ in the world, IMO. The mixes are moody and melodic, with lower beats per minute than most EDM.

Fantastic for focus work.

1 Like

Calm but upbeat sounds like a case for Suduaya

Or Kalya Scintilla

Two great Albums :heart::ok_hand:t2:

1 Like

Study music turns work music for the olds. When creative content is happening it HAS to be non-vocal. I’m fairly flexible, but vocals distract me. It’s also where head-fi is important for me. Focussing.

2 Likes

Not something i’m really into, as then the music would gradually take focus from the reading :stuck_out_tongue: Preferably something without vocals and a steady beat so it can be more like white noise to drown out other noises rather than music, if you know what i mean. A catchy song would derail me pretty fast :slight_smile:

@lrjshabaz @Knutmh yes, anything single instrument or any vocals would be distracting…something for the brain to focus on when you are trying to avoid just that. LoL

2 Likes

I like this one. Use it all the time.

1 Like

I should peep that. I do love the first Eno ambient record, particularly

1 Like

Eno? who or what is that?

You joshin me?
Mr Brian Eno.

2 Likes
1 Like

nope…and didn’t really care for that album either. too slow…

i like to play her album covers of classical works while i am doing focus based things.

1 Like

Agree 100 percent. That’s why I dig the Cattaneo deep house mixes. No vocals.

I used to listen to a lot of Lenny Ibizarre when i was studying.