What headphones can i get as an intro to audiophile world?

What do you think of the price? Is $165 totally okay for those headphones?

For not being in the US I would say it’s a fair price for sure

Cool!! I’m now going to check videos of Z to see if he raves about them or not! xD

1 Like

Everyone raves about these lol glad to hear they’re available to you :+1:

3 Likes

Z super raves lol. Btw do these need an amp? Would i be able to use the headphones just through a phone?

You’ll also likely have import duty/tax to pay on top of that.
Edit: Appears to be an extra 15%

Works great with a phone

Nope, works great of most stuff, not really amp picky

3 Likes

Z is sort of like the Flava Flav of headphones, the ultimate hype man…sometimes annoying, always entertaining, super into his role as a reviewer and his passion is contagious.

3 Likes

Awesome man! Yeah I ended up on hifiguides looking for openback headphones and a dac (looking at the dt 990) and your post was about the same budget as mine lol.

1 Like

As a mostly non competitive PC gamer and former Twitch streamer, I will add that they are fun for gaming. You can get a decent listening volume off of you PC headphone jack. Obviously a dedicated DAC and amp would sound better, but that could be said about most headphones.

Yes, it just depends on budget. I would really only suggest buying a dac/amp combo like the k5 pro, or getting a standalone amp like the magni heresy or liquid spark and get a dac later on once you have the funds. I would recommend skipping the under 100 range of dac amps because you can get a fair bit better with only a bit more money later on imo. Just prioritize headphones first lol, they make the most difference

2 Likes

As always, I agree. Amps and DACs make every headphone sound better…but how much better does depend on the headphone. I havent heard the Fiio K5, but I have yet to see a negative critical review for the K5. :slightly_smiling_face:

The k5 pro is a really good amp and dac combo for the price, really hard to beat for what it can offer in that range imo

1 Like

I don’t know if they’ve been mentioned…but the Koss Porta Pro, KPH30i and KSC75 are all wunderkind’s despite their low prices.

3 Likes

Okay, I haven’t purchased anything yet. @M0N Looking at 58X and 6XX (it’s apparently slightly better). I don’t have any amp. Not intending to buy an amp so soon after I get my headphones. What is your advise?

I would get the 58x then imo, it can run just fine off of a phone. The 6xx will be less ideal without an amp, but the 58x will be more than fine without one imo. The 58x is the more energetic headphone with better bass extension and treble extension. The 6xx will be a bit more laid back but also more technically impressive with the right amp. Without an amp the 6xx will most likely not retain it’s benefits, so it doesn’t make sense imo, you would end up with better performance from the 58x

2 Likes

Okay thanks a lot. @M0N I was having the fear of missing out if I got the 58x instead. I still am lol. Cause it’s technically the better one, but you’re right, I’m not intending in getting an amp at the moment.

I mean some also prefer the 58x for more modern music as well, so it’s also preference too

Lol Okay, what if I get the 6xx. What amp do you recommend? @M0N