What headphones have you tried and do not like overall?

Yeah a bit of fun on the sounds is not so bad from time to time, I mean if I am going to get my own fun version of headphones or iems, I can never go wrong with V-shaped ones.

Imma have to disagree with that one cheif. I think the 800s for sure out resolves the 1990 with better fidelity, but I’m not going to argue with your preference lol, as I also found the 1990 more enjoyable overtime

I mean I have made it clear past posts and interactions my ears are a wee bit broken

Well we all have our own sound preferences after all, also the one that I used to like listening with are the Shure SE215s but once I got the Tin T2s and then went back to my Shure SE215s I was like, wtf the sounds of these are not impressive to me. Yeah the sounds from the T2s are better than my SE215s and those were more expensive. I pretty much lost interest using my 215s all the time

I just use my 315’s as gym or sport iems as they just survive anything lol, I must have accidentally send them through the washer and dryer over 20 times since I first got them

1 Like

I feel as though the IEM world is undertaking a huge reformation right now due to so many cheap chinese IEMS being released. I would notbe surprised if we started seeing or actually already released IEMs for $300 that are on the level of campfire or 64 audio soon

1 Like

Or prominent older iem makers upping the bar on their entry level products (kinda like what audeze just did)

I mean that is a good direction overall, I mean guys like me who cannot afford all of that expensive audio stuff will be given an opportunity to buy things in a more affordable budget but like experience the sounds of an end game level audio.

it has been and I kinda want to give all the credit to massdrop on that end.

Wow that’s tough lol!

Also another headphone that I didn’t like, was the Beats Solo 3 and that was back then when I was in high school and my friend allowed me to give it a try. All I can say afterwards internally is that I wanted to wash my ears with holy water and puke on the toilet and my god the damn overall build of it sucks! The wires even though they are detachable are not so good. Though that certain event is a silver lining because that made me more even curious to find more things that are better than those garbages.

Really shure stuff is made to last, iems, mics, most of their stuff lol, they can take a ton of abuse. If only they could get their sound on the same level as chifi for the price lol, it would be killer

Yeah that is their plus at least and they are durable as hell, my dad has a lot of Shure products that he uses and most of them are mics. To this day, they are still working after a decade. Also, I would love Shure even more if they have the same durability they have today but has the sounds of a Tin P1 imagine that. I would immediately cop those as fast as I can.

I saw a video of someone putting his Shure SM58 microphone in the fridge and in the cooler for hours, under water, driving with his car over it, and after all that it still worked lol.

doing a lot of volunteer AV work in school all I can say is Shure mics are fucking tanks. there is a lot of throwing and banging going on with some performers and if we know the performers dont respect our gear we were sure not to give them shure and none of our nicer rode mics.

Shure mics are pretty nice, but I still can’t get over the infatuation with the overpriced sm7b. It kills me because it really does just sound like a sm58 but sightly different but yet it rarely drops under 350 usd used and goes for 400 usd new, and needs better preamps to sound as good as a sm58 on a normal preamp. It just kills me that people like streamers buy it and jack it off to no end, wasting peoples money when they could get like 97% there with a 99 dollar sm58 or sm57. There are better dynamic mics out there for that price imo (just ignoring condensers)

Yeah for SHURE they are like tanks.

1 Like

aggreed but the sm7b are aesthetically pleasing and have a nice dark sound to them that are perfect for voices for stuff like podcasts and such.

But so does the sm58 imo. If you want a broadcast or podcast mic thats really good in that price range that are less preamp sensitive, the electro voice re-20 or rode broadcaster do a much better job imo.

Also now there is the aston stealth, while I am not a huge fan of the sound, it does have a built in preamp and different sound coloration modes too

The Audio-Technica bp40 and heil pr40 are stand out options as well (but I think the heil really depends on the persons voice if it will sound good)

All of these are excellent broadcast options that will suit people better then a sm7b imo in that price range, and you can go lower too with great results

Edit: Beyerdynamic M201TG, rode procaster, Sennheiser MD-421, AKG D5 also in this price range for broadcast

honestly I think it’s less that people buy them because they think the are the best but more so because everybody buy them they think it’s the best due to other people using them like H3H3 or Joe Rogan. sort of like the same affect with the m50s with MKBHD, or blue yeti mics with all the streamers when the blue snowball sounds basically the same through usb for less than half the price.