What headphones have you tried and do not like overall?

Guys, please save me once there will be someone out there will be like giving me a shot to try the B&W P9s…I have heard some bad things about it.

It’s not worth it imo. They are extremely uncomfortable, and the tuning is garbage. It’s not worth to seek out and try imo

I mean give it a shot. you never know you might like them. plenty of people still love the m50x regardless of the hate.

But the price. It’s too much for what it is

I mean if a guy offers and hes right there… why not? at least thats the impression Im getting

By the way, Beats studio 3 or whatever they’re called, sounded neutral to my ears. But lacked detail, and above all, are priced like twice what they’re worth.

Looks at the website fuck they’re 400$CAD. Nope. They’re like, Sennheiser HD280 Pros for four times the price.

Ahhh for a second I thought he meant buy lol, my bad. Yeah if you want to hear them go ahead lol

agreed but Im happy it’s not just total garbage. adn actually sound great regardless of the price. much prefer listening to these podacasters pay too much on a mic that sounds good than tthem using a blue yeti

1 Like

oops though you were still on the mic discussion

well since I am already broke as hell and someone offered me some headphones that I rarely know about and that is also expensive, I would gladly take those offers I mean things like those rarely happen so it it good to take some opportunity.

1 Like

I was talking about the p9 in this instance lol

Yeah don’t skip out on an opportunity like that lol, I just wouldn’t recommend putting a large sum of hard earned money towards them

and It’s kind of funny so called Dr. Dre himself does not use his own brand as reference monitors for mixing, it’s hilarious tbh.

1 Like

Pretty obvious why lol. The original monster owned beats were atrocious, but the apple ones are getting better. Dre actually has pretty great production on older albums

lol not the studio 3 the solo 3 is what he was referring to which should be like $110 canadian. to me the least offensive of the beats sorta neutral with a little bump on the low end just not detailes. the studios on the other hand the cheao plastic garbage at least the solo’s have the audacity to be built decent.

Apple and Beats, well more reason for me to not to buy their crap xD I am not a fan of the 2

2 Likes

I respect apple a little more these days as tehy are on of the few phone manufactutrers to still kinda care about one hamnd users and IOs updates down for more than 4 years which I respect, Ahem fucking samsung. I use android BTW just have some small grudges

I lost respect to Samsung and for one particular, removing the headphone jack and maybe I should add not being able to replace your battery on the fly anymore. Sure Wireless is getting better and better but I still prefer my headphones wired overall than wireless. Also I cannot be bothered charging Bluetooth audio in the first place.

3 Likes

Disregarding obvious crap headphones…

Fidelio X2. Bought them used and found the bass to be present but very sloppy and vocals to be complete ass. Flipped them fast. Also had to fix a couple issues on the build as it fell apart. Really the only thing I found them good for was Doom. No idea how these were selling over their current $150 price point. But hey as long as other people enjoy them.

AKG K553 pro. This was my first “good” closed headphone so I didn’t know how to listen and thought they were ok when I first got them but the more I listened they were flat out boring. No bass, meh mids, sound stage just ok. Thought they were terrible for gaming as well. I don’t know… I know Z and Metal loved them but I could not hear what they were hearing. They weren’t the most comfortable headphone and replacing pads was a pain as almost anything I tried made them sound even worse. I mean I guess it’s sound was ok for a closed headphone.

So there ya go. Two popular and heavily recommended headphones that I found quiet underwhelming.

1 Like