What headphones should i get?

Gotta appeal to the 13 year ‘gamer’ as opposed to make quality gear right?

Gimme old razer back please :’(

1 Like

Rip Razer, had a good run up until they got mainstream

1 Like

definitely. but they are still closed back so they lack that naturalness of the blending of your actual real live nevironment and in game environment but its great if you want to shut everything out .

I’ll just make the plug again for arctis 5’s. With the 3.5mm adapter they work just fine (assuming the ps4 controllers have a 3.5mm jack like xbox (?)). If not that, the wireless pros and gamedac both purport to work with the ps4 out of the box.

1 Like

Sure. Mainly asked because as far as i know my akgs are semi opened but even if they are the general opinion is that thay lack soundstage. So, is that true or thats just bs i read online? If it is true, how do they compare with the Copps

Ill have them into account to.

Im just a bit scared of buying headsets because of the 4 pole jack. A friend lent me his hyper x cloud alpha and just didnt worked with my phone or ipad for whatever reason.
Also becaus te cable isnt removable and ive got a cat, if you know what i mean. Love that animal as my own soon but that little deamon just likes to bite cables

Yea :confused: I feel that man. I can’t answer that one for you. I assume there’s someone who has tried arctis 5’s with the ps4, just gotta find it online.

Yea, the arctis cables are detacheable and replaceable (also not that expensive and pretty durable).

Believe me, my dogs have pulled everything (except thankfully my monitor (knock on wood)) off my desk. The fact that the pros (and 5’s) survived that is amazing.

Artics 5 cable is detachable?! For real?!

yea 100%. Has the same cable as the rest of the arctis headsets. it’s like $10-15 on their website iirc. Also has a 3.5 adapter, so there’s another point where the cable can pull out besides fucking up the headset if it gets yanked or chewed.

Actually, afaik, all arctis headset cables are detacheable?

No idea, but just noticed. Props to steelseries, actually impresed!

Yea. If I could only pick ‘gamer’ headsets, I’d 110% go with steel series. I still use them for work
(5 at in office, and pro at home) meetings since they’re a breeze to work with. Be forewarned, however, that for the same price, the dt 990s/770s do a much better job with music. However, no mics and they have permanent cables.

Steelseries support is meh however. Long as you don’t get the ass end of QC I wouldn’t complain about the headsets.

Their mice and keyboards on the other hand… (go logitech on those lol). Got the Pro keyboard / mouse. Use them for both work and gaming. Seriously impressed so far.

In terms of mice i use the g pro. Most precise mice ive ever had. Same keyboard as you btw

1 Like

So far im really considering the steelseries against the Coops. Guessing that overall for open world singleplayer games both do great but that the Coops just do better overall?

These days mice are t too big of an issue as long as it’s a pixart or Logitech sensor they all perform the same it’s all about shape and weight that really matters these days

1 Like

I would say so has more dimensions to the sou d it has a more dynamic more fun. Sound compared to the relatively flat frequency response the arctis series generally have

Yea, I found the G Pro wireless just “melts into me”. Aka I don’t ever think about it. No wires to catch, weight is close to perfect, grip works perfectly for me.

I love the G Pro keyboard. However, I wish the clickiness was more in line with the Cherry MX Red’s I’m used to. However, still super satistfying if I’m not typing really rapidly (and actually put some weight into the keystrokes).

I would say that’s correct. Arctis are slightly flat and not super dynamic. They focus more on imaging (in a closed back 0_o ) and on accurate reproduction of sound for games. They’re still enjoyable to listen to, but don’t compare to more music focused headphones. However, no headphone at the price has the build quality / mic quality of them. It’s a trade off :confused:

If I were you, grab the 5s or wireless pros. Then save for your first more audiophile-esque set if you are reallllly into music / audio. Otherwise, those cans should be pretty much gamer ‘endgame’ afaik.

as someone who loves to push beyers hard dissagree . but I do respect the opinions becasue Ive never really minded the arctis line

1 Like

Artics look great, but if they are going to cost me just as much as the beyer, mic not inclided of course, i think im better off with them. Just feels more of a real thing if it does make any sense…