What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

I would say eq would be your friend for that one, as I don’t really know of any ananda mods (but I haven’t really looked into it)

how would you EQ down air?

You would eq the frequencies down (perhaps add a slow roll off) associated with airiness in music (typically in the ranges 10-20khz centering at around 16khz)

kk thanks Mon, ill give it a try

I would be careful though, as it may be detrimental to the sound to some (as personally I wouldn’t touch it unless there is an offending frequency)

So, I got to hear the 1570 for a decent amount of time. I think they are good, and their main competitor has to be the lcd2 classic with the sound they are going for imo. I think the 2 classic is more bass focused, and the m1570 is a bit actually like lower mid focused. They are both darker but the lcd2 c is a bit darker. The bass is good, but I prefer the 2 classic for it’s bass response. I actually like the midrange more on the m1570, but it has some issues with some shout and some peaks. Fairly wide sounding too, but nothing that blew me away with layering or spatial accuracy. The imaging was better than I thought and I think it’s very interesting that it does better than the 2 classic in that regard. Overall I think that it’s a good competitor to the 2 classic or other headphones in it’s range for a fun planar, but it didn’t blow me away tbh. I think it’s worth the price, but I don’t think it has the bang for the buck as the m570

8 Likes

Try pad rolling with the included pads? I find myself only using them with the dekoni suedes now. To me it was either lcd2 or this. I wish someone i knew had a set to try out for preference sake.

I personally would take an lcd 2.2 over this 9/10, but that’s just me

1 Like

Sorry meant lcd2c. The price is about 400 more for the lcd2c.

Ah well yeah then it gets closer imo. I think if you like mids and great imagining these are nice. If you like a more satisfactory bass response or a darker headphone the 2classic might be worthwhile. I will say that I think the 1570 might be the better value tbh when compared to the 2 classic imo

1 Like

if you’re getting LCD2c secondhand, they can easily be had for 500 though, thats the only thing about it.

I don’t personally like buying used gear though unless i know the person who sold it. Especially things worn on the head. Weird maybe but just a personal preference.

1 Like

Yeah, than I would take the classics unless I wanted that imaging preformance or mid-range

You can get a great deal, and also with higher end stuff it’s typically treated very well. You could also get a b stock or open box 2 classic for cheaper as well

A lot of people bought B stock LCD2Cs on black friday for 500 and they’re selling them on avexchange b/c they didnt like them. ive noticed like 3 or 4 lcd2 listings in the past week.

Maybe ill get a set to compare then and sell the one i like less. I really like the mids on the 1570’s, but if the lcd2c are smoother overall then well see. Kind of invested now so might just keep them at this point. LOL. Guess im going to need to weld up a custom headphone stand / shelf at some point in the new year.

1 Like

Yeah I half wanted to mod these with a new headband, new cable, new pads etc… but add all that up to the cost of the headphone I couldve bought a secondhand LCD3.

Yeah i can appreciate that kind of restraint. I have a habit of going full bore with anything after i like the initial impression. With the suedes its even more relaxed with none of the bite and even wider sound stage it feels like so i dunno. Maybe its worth it maybe not. I am enjoying them except for the comfort.

1 Like

I’ve only committed a modded cable to these headphones, but I feel I could always adapt it to one of my existing if I do decide to get rid of them. I really want to invest in pads, though I’m still on the fence on keeping them. I’m definitely enjoying them. I took them to a LAN party and I like we had I’ve heard, I do like the imaging on these.

I’m not sure I’m willing to dump another $125 for a headband, but those should definitely improve comfort. They sound great for gaming, but I found myself adjusting quite a bit.

1 Like

How painful is it to solder mini xlr, I havent tried.