What Is happening?! M1570, M1070, M570 from Monoprice THX AAA 887 Too!

whoops, I meant 1570’s…

lcd 4………………………………

1 Like

The weight, the connectors, the specs. They have to be aiming at a totl audeze

it be nice if they explained the magnet structure with more then two words

the price difference doesn’t make sense though. LCD-4’s for $600? vs $4000? something’s off.

Well if you compare lcd4 specs for magnets and what monoprice says, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a direct clone

The cost of material’s doesn’t only determine price. You pay for much more then pure cost of materials.

Edit: also mentioned this elsewhere:

The cost of materials doesn’t necessarily add the value to a product. I already expect that with high end audio equipment that you are paying for the costs of labor, design, potential patents or exclusive technology, and general know how of a product.

If it sound’s the price to me, I don’t really care what’s in it

Edit: for an example look at buchardt audio S400, it costs under 300 for the materials, but retails for almost 2k. And that’s on the low end of markup. There are much higher markups out there. You don’t pay for the materials for audio, you pay for everything else that goes into making the product

It also wouldn’t be in monoprice’s best intrest to aim for the high prices anyway when it comes to their headphones. Also they probably have a much lower cost of manufacture then audeze

2 Likes

s400 is kick ass speaker I miss it.

And I’m not claiming that they would sound like lcd4’s lol. That just must have been the platform for them to latch onto and hope for good enough sound quality

Aight imma head out for the night and see how much larger this thread gets in the morning lol

I had just demo’d the Sendy Aiva and the Abyss Diana Phi at Zeos’ suite at RMAF 2019.

Was definitely looking into something towards the Aivas or higher, since I’m definitely a planar mag fiend.

The M570 and M1570 seem like pretty interesting products. Definitely looking forward to hearing more about them in the coming months.

And that THX AAA 887…man, I can only take so much at once.

How did z and dms room do with foot traffic?

That THX AAA 887 looks pretty much like a clone of the Massdrop THX 789. Same price, too…

5 Likes

Did you get a chance to demo the vokyls?

Interesting. So I’m guessing pretty much any prominent reviewer either has their hands on this already or knew about it before it hit

C’mon. It’s Monoprice. A company that strives copy homework and then change it up a bit (for US law rather than a teacher though)

But the fact that they have had THX backing them is very promising for the future :+1:

3 Likes

agreed, that Drop doesn’t have a tight grip is good to see. now for more partners to get on board so prices get competitive!

on the aside, what does it mean when a speaker is THX certified?

It means it meets the requirements set by thx (you would have to look them up). This just means that they build the speakers to a standard that thx agrees with. That doesn’t automatically make them excellent or anything like that, but usually they are pretty good speakers. It’s almost like UL or CSA for sound quality

2 Likes

anyone see the new Liquid DAC’s?

how does the Liquid Spark amp stack up against the Atom?